Search

JW Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Sam

JW Marriott

My wife and I just returned from a 7 day stay at the JW in Cancun. Beautiful hotel, pool and beach. HOWEVER. It was our misfortune to arrive just in time for several days of rain. Understandably, the hotel kept the pool area closed during the storms. However, when the rain stopped and the sun drew us outside to enjoy what remained of our vacation, THE POOL AND BEACH REMAINED CLOSED. No drinks, no food, NOT EVEN CHAIRS! For 2 full days after the storms ended, we were unable to enjoy what we had paid a small fortune for. This was inexcusable. We walked along the beach and noted that every other major resort was open at full capacity. If we were to return, we would not stay at the JW due to the inadequate service. Nice facilities aren't worth the price if you can't enjoy them.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Mary L.

We went to the JW during Isidore. You apparently missed the adult pool parties!

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 07:09 PM
ann

have you contacted marriott since you left? If everything you say is true, I think they owe you some sort of a refund...<BR>ann

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Mike

Don't waste your time contacting Marriott, Sam. We recently stayed @ Marriott in Aruba & for a variety of reasons were very disappointed w/ the property (elevators out of service, awful food, the worst room service we have ever encountered, rude 'guest services' dept, extremely crowded pool area (way too small for size of hotel), shabby room, musty odor in room, slabs of foam instead of mattresses, soiled bedspreads.....) And, they did nothing! How this property ever rec'd a 5 star rating is beyond comprehension. (I realize that this is a Caribbean property but I think it is relevant here on Latin American board b/c a Marriott is a Marriott is a Marriott!)

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Lyn

That's a shame because the Cancun Mariott is a very nice property. We visited someone who was staying there, used their pool for the day, viewed their rooms....nice hotel. You had the misfortune of being there during a hurricane. The same happened to us on one of our Florida trips. We were smack in the middle of our trip and they did clean the place up and reopen everything but it took one or two days.