Search

Jungle / Blancaneaux question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jungle / Blancaneaux question

Hi all!
My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip to Belize soon! We are staying in Ambergris caye for about a week and then wanted to travel on the main land to a few different destinations!
I discovered Blancaneaux after reading some raves about on here!
we had decided to book a few nights at the end of our trip at Blancaneaux -- but then for whatever reason, I checked with the resort to confirm that they have air conditioning and they do not!
We are going in Mid-August, and I thought this would be a necessity then, but the resort says the ceiling fans suffice.
Has anyone been during the warmer months? Any Advice as regards to air conditioning? I figure we will be outside most of the day, but would like to sleep in cool weather

Any recommendations for something comparable to what Blancaneaux seems to offer -- secluded with nice amenities?
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 01:41 AM

It will be hot and muggy in Belize in August but I can't speak for Blancaneaux specifically. It's at a slightly higher elevation than most lodging options, but do note that it is not in the jungle if that is what you're looking for. Have you checked out Chaa Creek www.chaacreek.com or Chan Chich www.chanchich.com ?
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Only a few jungle lodges have a/c, none in that part of Cayo. Lamanai and Chan Chich have a few a/c rooms. BL is in the MPR in higher elevation.
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! I have looked at Chaa Creek and it seems that they do not have air conditioning either. I feel like this normally wouldn't be such a big deal, but on a recent caribbean vacation our air went out one night and after a long day in the sun and a few drinks we woke up with mild heat stroke Partly due to the fact that we were sweating all night as we slept! So I am trying to avoid this situation occurring again.
I did see that Chan Chich had an A/C option, but it was only in one villa and it was rather expensive in comparison to their other lodging options, I just can't justify paying an extra couple hundred a night for AC! Ha! I guess I am all over the board with this later part of the trip!

It seems like none of these resorts are too booked in August, so I am thinking of just waiting until we get there and then figure out how the weather is, etc...and then book the place!
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 05:52 PM

In that part of Cayo, you really probably won't need AC. The ceiling fans should do it.

Of course, I say that, and I'm pretty used to hot weather, so it may be different for you. Where are you coming from?
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Hi, sorry for the long lag!

We are from Las Vegas, and yes I know its hot, hot, hot right now, but it is a very dry heat. It's the humidty that worries me