Is Belize too hot in August?

Jun 22nd, 2005, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Is Belize too hot in August?

Now considering Belize for a honeymoon in August. Too hot there? Only have five days so actually plan to stay on the coast. How might Turtle Inn be that time of year (considering it doesn't have air conditioning)? Let me know what anyone thinks. The place sounds lovely.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 04:08 AM

I think it depends on your tolerance for heat. I don't care much for air conditioning, it will be over 90 here in Iowa today and our a/c is not on. So, obviously we enjoy the heat.

Last year we were in Belize in September. It was really hot. I was so glad our bedroom in our condo was air conditioned.

If the sea breezes are blowing and if you get a ocean front room and if you don't mind heat, I think Turtle Inn would be awesome. I've never stayed there, but have walked around the property. If I was going to spend big bucks for a place to stay in the area, that's where I would be. Stunning views.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 05:05 AM

TI is great, does not have a/c, but does have ceiling fans. I would book the seafront casitas for direct sea breezes. Our hottests months are April and May and temps in Belize over the summer months are usually lower along the coast than most US cities at the same time. Belize people are warmer than the temps.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:22 PM

It's not the temperatures as much as it is the humidity. So it all depends how well you handle that. My daughter and I, who are from CA (DRY heat), were in Belize last year in the beginning of Aug. and it was extremely uncomfortable for me, not quite as bad for my daughter, but I DO NOT tolererate heat and/or humidity well at all, never have. Of course, I did start to acclimate to it about the time we had to leave! It really is a per person thing.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:30 PM

I hate to be the dissenting vote, but having just got back I feel I must throw in my 2 cents. If Aug is anything like June, I would think long and hard before staying in a place w/ out ac. We stayed at Chaa Creek for 3 nts (no ac) and got by ok. At night (around midnight or so) the ceiling fans made it tolerable. However, the days and evenings were nearly unbearable (even the locals were complainig..no joke). While we loved Chaa Creek and the whole Cayo area, we were ready to get to Banyan Bay (San Pedro) and have AC. I've been to Houston & Florida in the summer and never experienced heat/humidity like Belize. While it may not sound like it, we thoroughly enjoyed our trip and would go back (probably a different time of year).