Belize - Late August Humidity??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2007, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand that August isn't the hottest month in Belize. But, is the humidity very high everyday? We'd really like to go to Belize but the last week in August is the only time we can travel and I'm concerned about humidity and rain. Thanks!
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 03:21 PM

I've never been in August, but will return this year for the third time in September. Yep, it's hot. Yep, it's humid.

I guess it all depends on what you're used to. We're from the midwest and it isn't any worse than it can get here. It just last longer, days on end. (probably weeks on end)

If you don't like being outside in the summer, insist on always being where it's air conditioned, you might not be happy in Belize in August. If you enjoy being outside, and don't mind sweating, you'll be fine. It isn't so hot and oppressive that it's hard to move.

Old Jul 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM

Yep - very humid. We were there from mid July to mid August 4 years ago and had a blast. We're from a very hot, dry (12" of precip/year) area of Oregon and the humidity took a bit of getting used to, but we took it in as part of the experience and didn't skip a beat. It rained almost exclusively at night; in nearly 4 weeks we had sprinkles 2 or 3 times during the day and one full day of hard rain (that we enjoyed immensely). Our pictures are linked below if you're interested. Happy trails!

flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections/
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM

Yep - very humid. We were there from mid July to mid August 4 years ago and had a blast. We're from a very hot, dry (12" of precip/year) area of Oregon and the humidity took a bit of getting used to, but we took it in as part of the experience and didn't skip a beat. It rained almost exclusively at night; in nearly 4 weeks we had sprinkles 2 or 3 times during the day and one full day of hard rain (that we enjoyed immensely). Our pictures are linked below if you're interested. Happy trails!

www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections/
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Jean and Hopefulist. We will take your info into consideration. The husband and I are presently in vacation negotiations.
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 08:26 AM

Gotta love those vacation negotiations. For our 'new' destination this winter he wanted Bonaire/Curacao, I wanted Colombia.

We're going to Colombia.....