BA Hotels for small children

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying in Buenos Aires for a week in late January and were planing to stay in El Centro as we can use rewards points for a hotel, but after reading several forums, it appears that downtown may not be the best place to stay with small children (noisy and congested). Can anyone share their thoughts? We will want to walk and explore interesting neighborhoods with a stroller, visit the zoo, the childrens museum, cafes etc... Would Palermo or Recoleta be better choices and if so, any recommendations on favorite hotels in those areas that are kid friendly?
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Original Poster

Forgive my redundancy. I just discovered an old thread I started last year on the same topic for a trip that was postponed to this year. I will add to that thread.
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 03:07 AM

I would opt for Palermo with kids....but there are no really good hotel options for families....I have rented an apartment not far from the zoo that I can recommend without hesitation
www.shortstayinba.com I have stayed in this apartment a total of six months over a several year period, so I know the apartment and the area well...very, very, kid friendly...not far from the zoo and several parks in Palermo....

For a family in Recoleta, a good choice is ArtSuites...
www.artsuites.com.ar which is an aparthotel....one and two bedroom apartments are available....and the location is on a quiet resisdential street not far from the center of action in Recoleta....

Both the shortstayinba and Art Suites options have central air...important during the muggy BA summer.....
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. After more reading, I have discovered the Melia Recoleta, which sounds like a very nice option. Most of the reviews have been written by couples or singles. For those who have stayed there, would this be an appropriate choice for a family with young children? The neighborhood sounds like a better choice for us than the Sheraton downtown.
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 06:24 AM

I might have posted on the other thread but will second the recommendation of the Art Suites.
You are just blocks from parks, playgrounds and in a nice residential neighborhood..with markets and cafes and a couple of nice pizza places nearby.