Search

Apartments in BA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apartments in BA

Hi. My husband and I are interested in renting an apartment in BA from April 26 - May 4th. Wondering if anyone can recommend a 1 bedroom in the Recoleta area?

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 08:16 PM

we are two couples so apartments are great value - especially as we are not really interested in many of the facilities of a hotel. Can anyone recommend a high quality 2 bed apartment in Palermo? Or a reputable company who deals in them?

Thanks
Sally
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 08:42 PM

hi, i've just rented an apartment through www.apartmentsba.com. i dealt with Claudia; they have beautiful apartments

AndrewDavid
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 04:01 AM

Apartments BA usually provides, according to what I read in the forums, good quality AT A HIGHER PRICE.
Therefore, if budget-oriented, you should also research other firms.
If you use the search feature in this forum or on the tripadvisor.com Argentina forum, you will find MANY threads on this subject.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 04:36 AM

Good for you, Andrew.. from all the rave reviews I have read regarding Apartmentsba, here and on TA, I think you will be happy.
I know that we would have rented from them if we were not traveling with a large dog ((&amp)...

foodsmarts, aside from apartmentsba.com there is Reynolds Properties, ByArgentina and various other companies that carry apts for rent all over the budget spectrum.
I am sure there are many 1 bedroom apts available..just start browsing the websites.

Good luck~
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 04:49 AM

For some reason or other, when the firm we are discussing gets something other than a "rave review" on the other forum the above poster mentioned, the negative review is deleted or the corresponding thread is closed down. More than enough to make one wonder...
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 06:50 AM

well that's not good. i thought stuff got deleted only if it was offensive or soliciting for business

AndrewDavid
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 07:26 AM

foodsmarts:

We rented a one bed room loft from ApartmenstBA several years ago and the apartment was pretty much as described on their web site.

I would not be afraid to choose according to their web description.

It was fully furnished with more than we required and was quite comfortable. We had absolutely no problem with getting our cash deposit refunded at the end of our stay.

The building was secure with a very friendly man at the door who ran to open it for us even though I had my key in hand. It was often a race to see who got to the door first.

Lots of facilities near by.

Silvia however, if my memory serves me, was a total disaster. She did not know up from down and tried to change arrangements after we had left home and while we were en route to Buenos Aires.

We had arranged with our Bs. As. travel agent, to be collected at the airport. Silvia 'rearranged' that, taking over this prearranged pick up without our agreement and to boot, got our arrival time wrong so that the remis waited for us for over an hour when he need not have and was not there when we arrived. We came in to the local airport as we were arriving from San Juan, not the US. We waited at midnight for our remis who took another hour to get to us.

I would have been very happy if she would have left our plans alone and 'helped' someone else.

When we did arrive, Silvia was not there, thank goodness, and we got to our apartment. The next morning we went to ApartmentsBA to pay the balance on our rental [as we originally agreed] and dealt with the lady who did pick us up. I refused to deal with Silvia. In my opinion and based on my experience, Silvia has spider web for brains.

ApartmentsBA? I would have absolutely no problem dealing with them again, but not with Silvia.

Harsh? Well I guess you can tell of the intgensity of my displeasure to be feeling this strong several years later.

Woodie
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 01:18 PM

AndrewDavid <i>i thought stuff got deleted only if it was offensive or soliciting for business</i>..
That is why stuff gets deleted. The editors could care less about who likes or doesn't like a hotel or business, but they do care about the way people post .
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 02:12 PM

AndrewDavid:
This is so you can judge for yourself:
http://tinyurl.com/ywkhww
This was closed on August 10, reopened the next day for the owner of the firm to reply and have the last word and then closed again, deleting further posts entered. I had NEVER seen that done before.
The original poster DID post again, confirming what she had said and giving further info, but, this time, her post was simply deleted, instead of the thread being closed.
However, I kept a copy of her post and will be glad to e-mail it to you, AndrewDavid.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM

AndrewDavid:
Here's a nice, long one for you to have fun with. You will notice MANY deleted posts. Guess on which side they were on? It's also closed, of course.
http://tinyurl.com/32w6q9
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 06:09 PM

This issue of posts being removed is a great concern isn't it. I had no idea that it could occur. It calls into question the whole philosophy and veracity of these forums. I am not a regular user so I don't feel knowledgeable enough to tackle them. would it be possible for an explanation to be requested from the moderators by say avrooster?
Cheers
Sally
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 06:48 PM

Sally: about your &quot;would it be possible for an explanation to be requested from the moderators by say avrooster?&quot;
Short answer: NO
Why: e-mail me and I'll explain, because we are now getting into deep waters.
Anyway, since you are looking for &quot;high quality&quot;, the firm we are discussing is probably OK for you, as long as you are willing to pay up for that quality. One tip: try to deal directly with the owner.
At what time of the year do you plan to come? There are high and low seasons, you know....
Whatever you do, you'll have a great time in our country.
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 07:47 PM

avrooster, this is confusing . we've already reserved and paid for an apartment in what appears to be a new building on Guatemala at Armenia. Ihope it is actually finished as they just started renting their apartments last month. I dealt with Claudia (not mentioned yet in an of the correspondence at TA but who now knows what was deleted) I sent via TA a direct query to the owner of the company and will await hearing from him or calling directly as my phone provider allows me to call most non cell #'s in Argentina for free!

Thanks for the links

cheers
AndrewDavid
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 02:53 AM

AndrewDavid: I just wanted to show you they get more than only &quot;rave reviews&quot; and I seem to have proved my point. Do as you said and talk directly to the owner and you should be OK.
As has often been said here and in other travel forums, one of the disadvantages of renting an apartment versus going to a hotel is the fact that, if you don't like the apartment, you are stuck with it.
Have a great time in our country.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 05:29 AM

AndrewDavid, it is good advice to correspond directly with the owner..he is very hands on with his business as well as very concerned that truthful things are said and if something goes wrong, he seems to always care about making things right quickly.
Forbes as well as several Travel Guides are or have been writing articles about him lately...he is not a success because TripAdvisor deletes trolls who register to slam his business..From what I saw on those old threads that were saved for some reason, a few of the people whose postings got deleted were because they were using more than one screen name..which does tell you something.
The best way to know what you are dealing with is to read many sources, TA, Fodors, etc..

While we wait for our new home to be renovated, we are renting small vacation apts..we are in the 2nd one. The owners are on top of things and very nice but things do go wrong..gas stove had a leak and we got locked out lol..duh!
A good apartment rental agency might not be able to prevent somethings from going wrong but a good one will fix it fast ..
I think you will be fine just from all the Good stuff I have read and heard...don't let this cause you worry regarding your trip. That would not be fair at all.
ciao..Scarlett
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 06:07 AM

I think Scarlett's advice is the best. When renting an apartment rental company it's best to use a wide range of resources including travel books as well as travel forums. You will find that travel books are unbiased. You can't pay a travel book to include a listing for you. They are totally objective and their books only get reprinted every 3-4 years for the most part so they want to make sure they are referring companies they have dealt with over and over and feel will be around for many years.

Some of my favorites are Time Out guidebook on Buenos Aires, Lonely Planet's guidebook on Buenos Aires, Fodors and Frommers. They all list reputable apartment rental companies so best to see which ones they refer.

Also, this is in general but it's good to deal with a company that has been around a few years. There are so many companies sprouting up everyday here. Most aren't even licenced or set up as a corporation or working out of their houses.

Some Americans have recently come to Buenos Aires and it's been discovered they don't have a DNI to even legally work in Argentina and they don't have a corporation set up. One of the things you want to do to avoid problems is make sure you are dealing with not only a legitiate but a legal company that rents properties.

Finally I'll say that there are people on these forums for whatever reason are hateful or constantly knock down good ethical companies. I've seen it over and over for years. Typically it's these type of people that provide very little help to these boards. I know one guy that got banned not once but TWICE on Tripadvisor.com Keep everything people say on these forums with a grain of salt.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 09:02 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with the above poster. LOL!!
Well, on only one thing, really: that you should take &quot;everything people say on these forums with a grain of salt.&quot;
The question is: how much salt?
Let readers decide for themselves. I suggest taking my posts with a light sprinkling of salt, because I'm human and I have my likes and dislikes, just like everyone does. However, I'm here to promote my country and my business is not even remotely tourism related. I DO have a strong objection to people who slyly use travel forums to promote their business.
The above poster, who posts here VERY seldom, clearly has, on the other hand, a vested interest, as he is the owner of the firm being discussed. I feel several POUNDS of salt are in order, but that is for the readers to decide for themselves.
In case someone wonders, his last paragraph is about me. Readers should also decide for themselves if his &quot;Typically it's these type of people that provide very little help to these boards&quot; is fair or not, in my case.

Old Sep 11th, 2007, 11:24 AM

If indeed the owner of apartments BA is referring to AV Rooster as being hateful or not helpful on these travel forums, and to take everything with a grain of salt, then I will throw in my shaker's worth and say as a newcomer to these forums, AV Rooster has provided, hands down, more help than I could have ever asked for. I have been a member of many an online group and find post deletions from TA absolutely deplorable, completely obliterating my trust in that forum. Again, I can absolutely say that AV Rooster's honest opinions and help, without him having ANY vested interest, have been invaluable to the success in planning my trip to Buenos Aires.
MichyB
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 12:18 PM

My post was speaking in general and not directly towards anyone. I think it's pretty clear to most people who are helpful and who are not.

Message boards are about helping one another and I think it's very clear to most people who is helpful and who is not.

I also believe that message boards have a clear rule and terms of conduct and those that abide by them are allowed to post and those that are not or not contributing to the well being of the website or forum or constantly break the rules or disruptive get banned.

Again, this is not directed towards anyone at all. I'm only speaking in general terms. I think those that help out and are informative and positive on these message boards should be applauded.

No one is a bigger promoter of Argentina than I am. I love the country dearly and one of the biggest investors in the country. Safe travels to all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -