insulin and diabetes supplies

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been told that we don't need a prescription for my son's insulin and diabetes supplies. Obviously, we are taking a more than adequate amount, but I wondered if this is true? Also, does anyone know what pharmacy is closest to Playa Grande?
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 06:48 PM

CR is totally different than first world countries where drugstores and pharmacies are ubiquitous. I wouldn't even count on finding a pharmacy in CR at all especially when outside of San Jose.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 09:15 PM

Stotz,

I would assume that the losest farmacia would be in Tamarindo. There are probably several, but the details of one are:
Fischel Tamarindo 1 km. al oeste del cruce de Villarreal, carretera a Tamarindo, Centro Construplaza
Tel: 665-9010
Fax: 665-9011
Horario: L-D 9:00am-9:00pm

There would also be some in Liberia - but thats a bit far.

Sukiduper, I am not sure when you were last in Costa Rica or what parts you visited, but I would say that most towns would have at least one farmacia or a clinic that could direct you to one. For example in the Quepos/MA area, I can think of at least 4.

raquel
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 07:17 PM

raquel is right on about the farmacias. I went to one in Palmar Norte for antibiotics after playing with a puppy and got bit. Pharmacists can prescribe some medications for you down there. The one time we forgot to bring some with us wouldn't you know. My husband asked for Cipro for me because it is a good all around antibiotic. It wasn't much cheaper than what we pay up in the U.S.. I also know of one pharmacy down in Puerto Jimenez where I learned that you buy band aids by the piece not the box. They don't always look like the big box pharmacies up north but they are around.

One thing to be sure you know is the actual name of the drug. For example acetaminophen not Tylenol.