Iguazu

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguazu

Hello, I will be in Buenos Aires in late January / early February. I'm hoping to take a trip to Iguazu while I'm there. I'm also flying to Rio after Buenos Aires - does anyone have any suggestions as to from which city I should fly to Iguazu - BA or Rio? I plan to go to both sides of the falls. I'm leaning towards flying from BA. Is Aerolineas Argentinas then the best airline to take, anyone have suggestions as to cheap flights? It seems like AA doesn't have flights late at night, so I'm thinking of taking the first morning flight from BA, arriving and spending that day on one side of the falls, spending the night, seeing the other side of the falls the next day, and then flying out on the last flight which is probably late afternoon. Does that sound like a reasonable itinerary? If so, any suggestions as to which side to do on which day?

Also, I'm not interested in staying in a particularly nice hotel while I'm there - would prefer something very convenient to getting to the falls/airport - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Dec 5th, 2005, 12:01 AM

Aeronlineas offers the most, and the most expensive flights because of their nasty policy of charging foreigners more than Argentinos. Lan.com offers lower rates.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 11:40 AM

We flew on LAN for $200 per person roundtrip from BsAires to Iguazu. Their service was great. We booked through Wow Argentina travel agency.
Old Dec 6th, 2005, 06:50 PM

A good mid-price hotel in Iguazu is Hotel St George. It's located right across from the bus station and also has a beautiful pool area.
Old Dec 7th, 2005, 08:38 AM

Just got home from Buenos Aires last Saturday. We spent two days in Puerto Iguazu at the Hotel St. George and it would be just what you're looking for.

We didn't visit the Brazilian side, so can't help there.

We flew LAN from BsAs and lucky we did as AA was on strike and Newberry Airport was a zoo beause of this when we arrived for our flight. We booked our plans through Veronica at ArgentinaGo and she is great.

No way to describe the falls. They must be seen to be believed! You are in for a spectacular experience.
Old Dec 8th, 2005, 06:02 AM

Hello group,
Has anyone used the airpasses that are available in Argentina..I think it is called Mercusur or something like that. It cost by miles but all stops can be made i believe.
Thanks for the tip on Argentina airlines and prices...I will check out Lan Airlines for my travel inside..but i want to see what the passes has to offer.
Looking forward to the falls...I have seen Victoria Falls and I thought this was the most awesome experience and nothing would beat it...but maybe Iguazu falls will???