Iguazu

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguazu

Hello,

I'm going to Argentina in December and my friend and I are of course planning to visit the Iguazu falls. We know that if we want to cross to the Brazilian side of the park we have to get a Visa, which is a bit of a hassle. My question is do we have to cross to the Brazilian side? We're only going to be there for 2 days so I find that the hassle of getting a Visa might not be worth it, what do you think? I hear the falls are spectacular and definitely worth seeing but I wonder if we'll be happy staying in Argentina only.

Thanks.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 12:55 PM

Although you might technically need a visa to enter Brazil, at Iguazu, the practice is generally to allow tourists to move back and forth without hassles. When I was there about a year ago, the taxi drivers just said "tour" at the checkpoint and were waved through without further formalities. Someone who has been more recently might know if this is still the case (probably is).

Have fun!
Mark
www.tiogringo.com
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 03:51 PM

I agree with the previous post... you probably won't need the visa just for a day trip. I don't think it's worth the $100 and hassle to get something you probably won't need. On the off chance they decided to be strict about visas that day, you could still return to the Arg side and be completely content. The view from Brazil is lovely, but there's a lot more to keep you busy on the Arg side.
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:51 AM

We had no problem when we used a taxi.

There is a really nice bird park across the street from the Brazil entrance. Also, an authentic Guarni village (Yriapu) which welcomes visitors for a small fee is nearby. It was a very special part of our trip.
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:54 PM

Hire a taxi in your hotel, and he will take care of the whole thing. It is different, I mean it is worth visiting the Brazilian side.