Iguazu

Nov 9th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Original Poster

Iguazu

Immediately upon arriving at EZE airport in BA on April 10, 2009 we will get a bus to local airport for 90 minute flight to Iguazu. We have booked a B&B called The Secret Garden. Has anyone stayed here? The rate is $100 US per night with taxes included and a light breakfast of toast, jam coffe, and orange. They have offered to pick us up at the Puerto Iguazo airport to the B&B for $20 US each way. They are located 20 kms from the airport. I wonder what a local taxi would charge rather then them picking us up. I just don't want to be taken advantage of. Is $20 fair or would it be more like $10 for a local taxi which we would catch at the airport? Or should we just not hasstle around because we will be very tired after a long trip from Los Angeles-15-16 hours and then to AEP airport for another 90 minute flight. Opinions? Thoughts appreciated.
Thanks
Nov 10th, 2008, 07:24 PM

We recently did the Iguazu Airport to the Sheraton via taxi and return a couple of days later. We paid 60 pesos each way - so $20 US. I think that's the standard.
Nov 11th, 2008, 04:13 AM
ss

Upon arriving you can ask the various drivers what they charge. I feel confident they will be fair. We met our driver that way and he turned out to be wonderful, took great care of us and offered us various trips like to town, Caves of Wanda, back to airport. In fact he looked after us when our flight was delayed and his car was very nice with seat belts.
Did not stay at the B&B - stayed at the Sheraton.
Nov 12th, 2008, 04:34 PM

Had you thought of having your B&B send a driver for you? Ours is doing that and I am sure that it will not be at an outrageous rate.
Nov 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM

We stayed at the Sheraton. All rooms have a view of the falls.
Remember you need a Brazialian visa and shots to go to the Brazialian side. We just did the Argentina side. Nice jet boat trips--you get really wet.
At the Sheraton you are walking distance to a train and then you are at the falls. They have the lower and the upper walks. Sometimes the mist is heavy so watch the cameras. Have water protection available.