Iguazu Day Tour

Nov 10th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Original Poster

Iguazu Day Tour

We are seriously considering doing an all day tour by/in the falls with ISANGO.com. They bill themselves as the worlds leading site for travel experiences. Anybody heard of them or used them?
The tour we are looking at is called: Argentina Side of Iguazu Falls with Devils Throat. They pick up from your hotel in Iguazu. Is 7 hours and cost $56.25 US. Includes zodiacs departing Puerto Canoas traversing river to Devils throat. Also walk catwalks. Starts 8AM. Is this a fair price and WHO among you all have gone with them? Anyony????
Comments please! Thanks. We have a B&B booked already. Now we just need the tour. Or do we not need an organized tour and is it something we can do on our own-the walks , that is, and hire zodiacs when we are there.????
Nov 11th, 2008, 09:38 PM

I have no opinion about the tour company you mentioned, but I was also concerned about whether we needed a guide. We were ar Iguazu last month. Our travel agent said we didn't need a guide, and she was quite correct.

The trails are clearly market. In about 2 hours you can do the Lower Circuit and the Upper Circuit. About the same for the Devil's Throat (Garganta del Diablo). If you only have half a day, go for Garganta.

You can book the zodiacs from your hotel. They run all day long. You will bet very wet when the run you into San Martin falls. No problem; it is quite warm. I think we paid around US $20 for the boat ride, but I am not certina. About 20 minutes.

The B&B you booked can give you further details when you get there. Everyone at Iguazu is there to see the falls, so your hosts will have answered the same questions 1,000 times.

An awesome place.
Nov 12th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your reply. Isn't the entrance to the park $20 US each? This tour company will pick us up at our B&B thus saving us the hastle of getting to the park by bus and the total price isn't much more than what we would pay if we went on our own. Thoughts?
Nov 12th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

The zodiac ride is referred to as the NAUTICAL ADVENTURE by the park concessionair, JUNGLE EXPLORER. It lasts 12 minutes and costs 75 Peso or about $25US dollars.

The GREAT ADVENTURE combines a jungle ridethrough on a truck and then on so called motor boats to the falls-Devil's Throat, etc. This combined tour lasts ONE HOUR and costs 150 Pesos or about $50 US dollars.
Nov 12th, 2008, 08:12 PM

Yes, we did the "Great Adventure" for US$50. The boat ride in the Zodiac in pretty cool. After that you are loaded into truck of some sort and you drive slowly down a dirt road...a bit boring. But, $50 was a reasonable price for the whole deal. If you do just the boat ride you aren't missing much on the jungle ride.

Better be sure the tour cost you cite includes the $20 park entrance fee. We had to pay that in addition...on our way from the ariport to the Sheraton.

As to getting picked up at yoru B&B by the tour company and saving the hassle, I am very in favor of less hassle on a vacation.