Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page >

Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, we have had a couple other post on our trip in 2017 and we appreciate the advice. Trip is mid April. Staying Sheraton Iguazu Resorts & Spa. Arrive Easter Sunday 3:15pm at IGR Argentina. Depart Tuesday at 11:15am also from IGR. I full day and minor part of 2 days. I anticipate Iguazu Falls will be a highlight of our first ever South America trip. Do take many many photos so that is an important factor.
* Sunday afternoon - I believe entrance closes at 5 so will need to rush to make Devil's Throat.
Assuming plane is one time, can we make entrance by 5? Will take cab from airport.
What time do we have to be out of park? Good photo opportunity?
* Monday - Brazil side in morning -- including Macuco Safari and Bird Park; Argentina in afternoon.
Say Brazil side opening of park until after lunch - 1ish! Cab to Argentina side until park closes!
Suggestions, etc.?
* ?? - then cab to airport to arrive by 10:15am? Except a Bloody Mary, any other activities that
could be done so early?

Thanks!
Old Aug 15th, 2016, 06:34 PM

The Brazil side of the park takes about 3 hours. It opens at 9 iirc.
The Bird Park takes 2-3 hours.
The Macuco Safari takes more than an hour because there's a jungle tour in jeeps before you get to the boat dock.
Monday's plan isn't going to work.

The airport is close to the park entrance.
Old Aug 15th, 2016, 06:37 PM

If you're at the Sheraton, you're IN the park. Use your after closing and before opening privileges to see it then.
Old Aug 15th, 2016, 06:49 PM

As much as I'm a big advocate of viewing the waterfalls from both sides, you simply do not have time to appreciate it all. Instead, given that you are staying on the Argentinian side of the falls, I would spend all of your time there. You could do the boat ride on either side and there are enough trails on the Argentinian side to keep you busy. Or add another night to go to Brazil too, but I assume your flights are set.
Old Oct 12th, 2016, 06:21 AM

Hi
So short time, but i have done a lot. I am a tour guide and photographer at Iguassu Falls.
Well, you are right if your plane arrive on time you may can do the Devils Throat, i don´t think so, the train leaves at 16:00. forget about it.
At last day the drive from sheraton to the brazilian Iguassu Falls and from there back to the airport in Argentine is about 1 hour it. The CAB are not alowed to acess the park in the brazilian side, you should take a driver guide with licence to acess, that will save a lot of time.
For the short time you will have i do recommend to do the boat ride in the argentine side. And at first and last days you can short walking trails like Upper and Lower trails.
second day the devils throat and brazilian side with bird park.
If you have any question will be a pleasure to assist you.