Iguazu Falls. Argentina and Brazil. Winter.

Mar 6th, 2015, 02:59 AM
Rot
Original Poster

Iguazu Falls. Argentina and Brazil. Winter.

Hey guys, I'm beggining to plan a trip do Iguazu Falls in July, I want to see both sides (Argentina and Brasil)... how many nights are enough in each side? I want to do some trekking too.
Mar 6th, 2015, 05:23 AM

The path on the Brazilian side of the park takes maybe 3-4 hours to walk, take photos, etc. While on the Brazil side, you should visit the Bird Park, aboout 3 hours.
There are several different paths on the Argentine side of the park, the one over the tops of the falls for one example, but others for hiking too. I also enjoyed lingering in the shade to swim in a small rivulet under one of the little falls there. You could spend from half to a whole day on that side.
You can do a boat ride under the falls from either side, so choose which fits your schedule (and budget).
Should you wish to do a helicopter ride over the falls, the helipad is located just outside the Brazilian park entrance, across from the Bird Park.
Some people also want to see the Itaipu dam; there are tours of the "works" given there.
I would not change sides for a hotel stay. Stay ont he side you are flying out of.
Most of these sights (both sides of park, bird park, boat ride) can be seen/done if you fly in morning of day one and fly out afternoon of day 3. Add time for more activities.
Mar 6th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Rot
Original Poster

Thanks Samba Chula.

So two full days are enough I see? 3 Nights then?

I was thinking on doing something like this:

03 nights in Bueno Aires (go to Tigre and La Plata maybe, it's near, only 1 hour bus or train)

02 nights in Córdoba (there's a national park around there with some canyons, I need to look more into it, I don't know if it's Worth visiting)

03 nights in Foz do Iguaçu - 1 full day Brasil side and I full day Argentina side; it seems a bit rushed for me...

And then fly back home (são Paulo - brasil).

The whole point of the trip is going in the winter, so the nice places around the Andes are out of question (like Mendoza, San Rafael, Bariloche, El Bolson, etc etc I just returned from ushuaia - calafate - TDP).

The goal is to see nature Wonders and do some moderate hiking, but visit some cities of argentina too ... open to sugestions