Search

How is Costa Rica in July??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is Costa Rica in July??

My fiance are trying to decide where to go for our honeymoon in July. We are thinking about Costa Rica. I read that it is their rainy season, but most of the rainfall is between December and May (I think) Has anyone been there in July?? Thanks.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 10:17 PM

Hello, Costa Rica has different climate areas. Generally the rain or green season is from May to September. The driest region is the north pacific coast. In the dry season no rain for month, in the green season most 1 to 2 hours rain in the afternoon or in the night. In the areas Tortuguero, Peninsula Osa, Montainarea Cerra de la Muerto are more rain than 4500mm/year. It maybe rain the whole year. Between July and August is a little time from one to two weeks, then itīs possible you have no rain. The Ticos call it little summer. But nobody knows when. I recommend for your vacations a beach on the north pacific coast like Tamarindo, Playa Grande, Samara ..
Saludos
costaklaus - www.costaricaweb.de
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 04:34 AM

costaklaus gives you good informacion!

The northern beaches of Guanacaste would be perfect for you. We've been there many times in July, and he is right--sometimes there are many days in a row with no rain. Sometimes a brief shower in the afternoon. This is the driest part of the country. But we have traveled all over the country during July and have never had our plans disturbed due to rain. We enjoy the little showers, and the entire country is at its most gorgeous during this time of year!

Go ahead and make your plans and don't worry about it!
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 08:14 AM

Have to agree with the other two posts. Was there in July two years ago in Manuel Antonio and Guanacaste area and only had rain the first day we were there for about two hours. Torrential downpours, but then the sun came out and beautiful the rest of the time. enjoy.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 05:51 PM

December to May is the dry season. The rainy season starts in May and ends in December. I love the rainy season on the Nicoya peninsula. My favorite area being Mal Pais. I was there at the end of last July to the second week in August and the weather was GREAT. It didn't seem to rain much during the day, mostly at night. The temperature was hot as usual but very enjoyable. The rains actually made the nights fresh and breezy.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 06:21 PM

Don't know personally about July but when I was there last June, it usually rained either very early in the morning or around 5-6 pm. For either time it never lasted long or interfered with my activities. I think the rainy season is really a misnomer, it conjures up visions of all day rain and it's really not like that. I think July would be an incredibly lush time to go.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:23 AM

We were there in Aug. and weather was fine and everything is very lush and green. Spent time in Samara as well as Arenal and Manuel Antonio...rain never was an issue! We had a great time.