Hotels Iguazu Falls

Aug 18th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Original Poster

Hotels Iguazu Falls

Other than the Sheraton; what other hotels are clean and less expensive?
Aug 18th, 2003, 10:12 PM

Frankly I do not know but the Sheraton is not expensive for international standarts and its location inside the Iguazu Park is unbeatable... you save a lot of time being there .
Aug 20th, 2003, 01:36 AM

I agree with Graziella..there are times when paying more is worthwhile.....this is one of those times...The Sheraton is the only hotel near the falls...all other options require a commute and do not permit exploration of the falls at your leisure....splurge...you won't regret it...
Aug 20th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

To both of you my THANKS; But the Sheraton is all filled up the week of Feb. 22, 2004
Aug 20th, 2003, 04:39 PM

Hi , as it goes Drdawggy and I share quiet a bit of points of view. It seems both of us t bought services from
www.wowargentina.com ( Cintia).
I am sure that she can both recommend and get you the best possible option at a good rate if the Sheraton is full.
Do not miss the Iguazu falls ...
Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:37 PM

We were very happy at the Continental in downtown Foz du Iguacu. Booked on their website and they offered to pick us up at the airport. This turned out to be a bit of a "scam" as the person who actually greeted us and brought us to our hotel was a tourguide. During the drive of course, he offered us his services while we were staying in the city. He arranged for us to attend a very enjoyable dinner show and was our tourguide for two days back and forth to both sides of the falls and to Paraguay. His name was Astir and he was with the Topic Tur company, and he turned out to be a wonderful and friendly guide. We are very happy that we went with an inexpensive hotel and spent the savings on a personal tour guide. We ended up paying him close to $200 but this was for 2.5 days of total one-on-one at-your-service personal guidance. You could easily hire him for a shorter time period.

The room at the hotel was on the small side, but wonderfully clean and comfortable. Service at the hotel was terrific and we enjoyed being in this city center as we attended church, went marketing etc. The wonderful breakfast spread at the hotel was alone almost worth the $45 per night price that we paid (but this was in off-season, June).
www.continentalinn.com.br
(note, we found the hotel to be a bit nicer and more modern than it appears to be on the website)
Aug 22nd, 2003, 09:39 PM

I should have noted that the $200 we spent on the tourguide included dinner show one night, all transportation back & forth to airport & falls, raft trip at the falls, gratuity, etc.