Search

Iguazu Hilton Your Opinions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguazu Hilton Your Opinions

Hi Everyone

I was thinking of travelling to Iguazu Falls and looking to stay the the Iguazu Sheraton for 2 nights. I was wondering if anyone had stayed there and whether you thought it was value for money? What sort of rates did you pay? Did you book it through and agent or through the hotel directly?
Many thanks
Old Nov 27th, 2003, 07:04 AM

do a search for more information...this topic has been written about quite a bit....

The Sheraton is the only hotel inside the Iguazu National Park (Argentine Side)...rates vary by season, with a low of about 160 double for a falls view room. The hotel itself is nice, but you pay for location.....the view is spectacular and because you are close to the falls and inside the park, yo0u can explore on your own at your own pace....restaurants in the hotel are good.....worth the extra money for the hotel!

I booked through cintia wowargentina.com....
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 06:05 PM

It happens I also booked through Cintia in WOW >Argentina, I agree with Drdawggy you pay for location, cannot beat being inside the National Park,
The sheraton is ok, Food is good. You can pay less, like 40% less if you choose a room facing the green in the back, not a bad choice because you can see the Falls from all the public areas of the hotel, rest.bars etc
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 06:25 PM

What if you are on the Brazilian side? Isn't Das Cataras right next to the Falls also?????? I am considering staying here as I will already be in Brazil.
Old Jan 9th, 2004, 08:36 AM

Das Cataras is right by the falls on the Brazilian side. Only the presidential suite has falls view but that may not matter. We stayed in the Sheraton and found it to be worth the splurge. This was especially true when we did the boat trip that took you into the spray from the falls. It was wonderfully exhilarating but we got drenched. So it was nice to be able to go right back to the hotel and change out of our clothes instead of having to trek to a hotel in town or back over to the Brazilian side. (It takes about an hour to get from the Brazilian side of the falls to the Argentinian side of the falls) Unlike the others we found the food at the Sheraton to be mediocre and over priced for the area. The breakfast buffet was fabulous however. We also booked through Cintia at Wow Argentina. First time we've used a travel agent for a trip like this. We highly recommend her.
Old Jan 10th, 2004, 01:18 PM

The Brazilian Hotel is very pleasant but the facilities on the Brazilian side is more limited than in the Argentinean and the view of the Cataracasfrom the hotel is restricted as Thingrojus says. Not only that, the visa for BraZIL is now more $, and also the Brazilians are subjecting American citizens to all kinds of delays with the excuse of reciprocating the checking the US government requires now for citizens of most countries. In reality it measure is not the will of the Brazilian GOVERMENT but an order issued by a JUDGE !!! CRAZY as it sounds, apparently his ego has been hurt and he is looking for some kind of revenge ....May be he has not heard of >Sep 11, as far as know the US is not requesting any special or different procedure for Brazilians... but they are. I mean the Brazilians today photograph and finger print only US Citizens as this judge has requested. Apparently there is a new fashion in Democracies , the Legeslilative Power determines the regulartion and procedures to be followed by the Inmigration officers.
Is there any Brazilian that can explain to me what is going on?