Search

Hotel near San Jose airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2005, 06:28 PM
fae
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel near San Jose airport

I have booked our reservations for next summer at Bosque del Cabo (missed this summer and don't want to miss again!)However, when we went before we had a morning non-stop flight on AA that got in to San Jose after lunch. We have always stayed at Vista del Valle but this year AA says they are only running one non-stop flight from DFW to San Jose and it leaves at 5 something in the afternoon and arrives San Jose 8:51 at night. So.. I just want something clean, cheap, safe with free shuttle from the airport if possible. Since we will get up the next day and get a flight to Puerto Jimenez we will be doing nothing more than sleeping and showering. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 27th, 2005, 09:03 PM

Would you accept a small, clean, budget hotel? Room is very basic, very clean, and safe. The highlight is a good full breakfast is included, although with your schedule you might miss the breakfast. For people who check out early I think Humberto and Carmen leave out coffee and toast, ask about it.

Our bathroom was very clean. The bed was a little worn, but I slept well, and what else can you ask for $47 for a double room, around $37 for a single? Hotel Villa Bonita, Alajuela, a 5-minute drive from the airport. NO Free shuttle but for $47 for a double room you can afford a taxi! Taxi was about $7 which Humberto pre-arranged for us. He did warn me it would be a few dollars cheaper for us just to get a taxi on our own when we arrived. I was nervous and let Humberto arrange it for me. but next time I would go ahead and get one myself upon arrival. On Humberto's web-site there is info about how do you recognize the official taxi drivers.

Hotel web-site is www.hotelvillabonita.com

There is a tiny indoor garden inside this hotel, and a small outdoor garden.
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 04:21 AM

www.hotelbrillasol.com , Want a sweet , clean ,family owned little hotel just 5 min. from airport with free pick-up and breakfast ? At $50.00 per night this little oasis in the city is a steal !! ( has a pool as well )
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 06:25 AM

The places Faithie and Melissa5 mentioned sound nice. We stayed at the Hampton Inn which is right near the airport but it was approx.$115 including tax for a normal, not so great basic room. It did include breakfast at Denny's and airport shuttle.
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 06:26 AM

fae - are you flying to PJ on Nature Air or Sansa?

I only ask because, we stayed at Las Orchideas Inn this year, which we much enjoyed. However the drive over to Nature Air was about an hour! Whereas to catch Sansa, would have only been 15 mins.
Old Sep 28th, 2005, 02:10 PM
fae
Original Poster

Can't book airfare to PJ yet as schedules are not out that far in advance. I forgot to mentioned that we have 2 adults plus a 15 and 19 year old with us so don't know about sizes of rooms mentioned in the replies. We have flown Nature Air the last 2 times we went to PJ and was happy with them. Since Sansa is closer to airport, that may be better. I don't need fancy for a night - but do need clean and roomy for 4 people. We loved staying before at Vista del Valle but flight got us to SJ around lunch and then had time for hiking that afternoon. No since in paying $250 a night for there with us getting in at 9 pm at night and leaving the next morning for PJ.
Old Oct 1st, 2005, 10:32 AM

We stayed in Hotel Bougainvillea (search this site) Have to take a cab and its probably 1/2 hour from the airport but is very reasonable and really nice.
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 02:51 PM

Humberto and Carmen at Hotel Villa Bonita have 2 very nice sized rooms with 2 queen beds, large bathrooms with tubs (hard to come by in Costa Rica unless staying deluxe), large walk in closets. If I am not mistaken, Humberto told me in a recent correspondence that they now have a TV in one of the larger rooms as well as internet hookup. They have free internet near the front desk as well, however. Everyone should have the opportunity upon arriving in Costa Rica to meet two young people like Humberto and Carmen who embody the friendliness of the Tica people.