Search

Hotel buena vista

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2004, 10:06 PM
koa
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel buena vista

Any comments good or bad about this hotel. Looking for a nice reasonable hotel close to SJO.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:02 AM

If you do a quick search, there have been several trip reports recently with this hotel in it. The general views seem to be that it has beautiful views and is a nice small boutique hotel.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 09:07 PM
koa
Original Poster

TTT
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 02:06 PM

We stayed at the Buena Vista last year for one night.They provide free transportation and were there when they needed to be. Rooms with views are on the upper floors. Those views are very nice.I think the term boutique hotel is stretching it a little. Breakfast was included and adequate.It was clean but nothing that special.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 07:24 PM

What made the hotel special to us was the staff. Wilson the general manager and his associate Harlan made our stay so comfortable. We felt welcome and left as friends. Whatever you need, they can provide. Tell them your flight arrival time and you will be met at the airport by a driver with a sign with your name on it right ourside the baggage area.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 08:45 AM

I agree with jbella. My husband and I just returned from Costa Rica earlier this week and we spent the two nights on either end of our trip at Hotel Buena Vista. The rooms are fairly standard and clean, but the staff was amazing. They helped us to contact rental car agencies, gave advice about places to visit and provided directions and maps to our destinations. On our last night, we had just returned from a 7 hour bus ride and were hungry and tired. They recommended a restaurant down the street and offered to drive us there since the shuttle (from the restaurant) wasn't running. The only complaint I had was that there was limited hot water, but I expressed this on their feedback form.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 02:44 PM
koa
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I think I will just stay at the bouganville hotel. Great rates, great service and nice grounds.