Honeymoon at Four Seasons Punta Mita

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are considering a honeymoon in October at the Four Seasons resort in Punta Mita, near PV. Any one else honeymoon there that can give us the insiders scoop? Especially interested to hear about food choices, and whether or not we should go into PV at some point. Thanks.
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 09:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have never stayed at the 4Seasons but gone to PV many times. The resort is fairly isolated, which may be what you're looking for. Just to mention there's not much around at the point besides that resort, without traveling to some of the smaller towns north or south or back into PV (over an hour drive).

I absolutely love downtown Puerto Vallarta, but guess it depends what you're looking for whether it would be worth it to you to go there at some point.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 12:48 PM

I am topping this message b/c I have the same question (except we will be going in early Sept.)
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 05:18 AM

trip trip advisor.com
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 06:43 AM

Hi pamperedprincess, I followed your thread on Hawaii-like Caribbean (we are going to Hawaii in July) and see you have decided now on Mexico. I did a lot of research before deciding on Four Seasons Punta Mita for our April trip, my husband and I have been to some pretty nice places and we are getting more selective with each nice vacation we go on as we now know what we like and don't like in a resort. We think Four Seasons PM meets almost all of our criteria (there will probably be more kids there than we will like, because we leave ours at home for this trip, but I also hear there is lots of room to spread out and get peace and quiet) Anyway, we are going April 3 - 10 and I will post a detailed report on my return. And I agree with previous poster, I got most of my info from the reviews on tripadvisor.com because there aren't many people on this board who have been to Punta Mita.
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 11:24 PM

Hi Eileen,

Here is some info about Punta Mita for you. During the last four years my husband and I have visited FS Punta Mita about six or seven times. We like it so much, that two years ago we were married there. In the last four years the place has changed noticeably due to two major factors: there is a considerable amount of development going on ? don?t get me wrong, you will not hear any noise at all, but the original (beautiful) landscape around the resort is constantly changing; The second major and truly damaging thing was a massive storm in Oct.02. They did not get water like in Puerto Vallarta so the resort was not damaged but the tremendous winds took out all of the gorgeous trees from the beach front and also in some of the mountain areas. FS did very good job replacing them with palms, but it is not quite the same. However, the resort is still very, very beautiful and you will love it. Keep in mind that the pictures on the FS website were taken a few years back and things looks a little different today. There are some very strong points about the resort that we just love:

1) In average there are fewer kids then in other resorts like Maui or Nevis. I keep hearing that some people are still not comftroble to bring their children to Mexico where, among other things, they can get very sick from the water. BTW, I?ve never heard of anyone who was sick from the water at the Four Seasons in Punta Mita ? they have their own filtration system. One caveat ? there is only one pool, so if for any reason there happen to be a lot of kids there is no quiet pool.
2) The resort is completely closed to outsiders ? truly closed! Which means that there is always a spot for you on the golf course, in the restaurant, on the tennis court, or in the spa. You will hardly have to make a reservation ahead of time. We never planned anything more then two hours ahead. This makes things very relaxing and peaceful; if you just decided to play golf or tennis ? just call them 30 minutes before and go play. Last year Conde Nest gave the golf course a perfect 100 for speed of play, and it is so very true ? I don?t remember seeing anybody playing before or after us. EVER!
3) The resort is decent size and very spread out so there is always feeling that that resort is at about 30% occupancy when is actually completely full. The only place that could be crowded is the pool area.
4) The entire resort is VERY quiet. That is good if you like a lot of peace but not that good if you are looking for nightly entertainment. The only music you will hear is the sound of acoustic guitars in the Aramara restaurant.
5) The FS Punta Mita employees are adorable. Super friendly, very polite and knowledgeable. They know their jobs very well and the ratio is 3 employees for 1 guest, so there will be always someone to help you. Even if something goes wrong, the good service and their good attitude will make up for it.
6) Food ? generally good, some places are better then others. For Bkfst I would recommend room service on your balcony or the buffet at the Ketsi; for lunch Ketsi as well (you can eat at the restaurant or they will deliver food to your cabana at the pool); the other option is Tale of the Whale on the golf course - nice little place, worth of stopping by for meal even if you do not golf; for dinner definitely Aramara ? it is a little more expensive then Ketsi, but not even comparable when it comes to the quality of food and service. If you can afford it ? highly recommended.
7) Be sure to book the ?dinner on the rock?. You?ll love it. There is a large rock jetting into the ocean and the FS staff can set up a romantic dinner for you at sunset. Spectacular! It?s a whole evening event. We dine on the rock every time we are in Punta Mita and it is always a fantastic experience.

I could write pages and pages full of info on this resort. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I will be more then happy to answer. We are going back in September. For our anniversary in June this year we initially booked at the FS Great Exuma, but after some interesting reviews we changed our plans to FS Nevis. When the issues arose with Great Exuma our first thought was ?let?s go back to Punta Mita?. Enjoy!`
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 09:42 AM

Hola!

Congratulations!

I'm sure FS Punta de Mita is really nice. I remember when it was a fishing village, the good old days!

For $400 a night, maybe you should opt for a nice $100 a night hotel on the north beach of PV and spend the other $300 a day on food and package adventures offered throuh the hotel? PV is a fun town and very user fiendly. Being isolated out PDM on a closed compound sounds boring to me. Make sure you head up Mex. Hwy. 200 and visit the villages of Sayulita, San Francisco, Rincon de Guayabitos, La Penita, and Chacala. A real treat!