Have you stayed in Costa do Sauipe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If so, please share some traveling information as info is pretty sparse.

More specifically, info on the Marriott would be great since that's where we will be staying but if you've stayed in a different resort -- I'd love to hear about your experiences.

I read that spa services were pretty reasonable...if so what kind of price range (in us dollars) can I expect? How would you compare the treatments to say those that you get from your local spas?

Same for food...how much to budget for meals on a weeklong trip?

Anything that's a "DON'T MISS"?

Thank you.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 06:15 AM

Hi junkgalore,

I went to Marriot/Costa do Sauipe in jan 2004. Really liked there. There is another resort really close there (about 25km), which is Praia do Forte which I really enjoy more. You can check the website (http://www.ecoresort.com.br/ing/capa.asp).
But all depends on what you are looking for!
If you are looking for a wonderful beach, I prefer Praia do Forte.
If you are looking for the spa, then Marriot will probably be better, although I never used this service while in Marriot.
If you can share what are your goal, maybe I can help you a little bit more!

Regards, Dudi
Old Aug 21st, 2004, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Dudi,
We are staying at the Marriott. What did you think of the accommodations? Staff? Food/restaurants? Beach activities? Golf course? horse riding? Tennis courts? The instructors?
I am looking for detailed information on the Marriott and then perhaps general interest information on the area such as how much to budget for meals?
Old Aug 23rd, 2004, 05:13 AM

Hi junkgalore, let's go on topics:

Accomodations: very very nice. nice view aldo.
Staff: very friendly.
Food/restaurants: nice breakfast. didn't enjoy the dinner very much.
Tennis court is ok.
Horse+golf: did not use.
PS: You don't have to take much money for other meals. Since you already have breakfast+dinner on package, U$ 20 per day (per person) will fill the rest of your needs.
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

thank you for your information. Did you have a chance to do a tour to Salvador? Did you try any restaurants nearby (in other hotels) that you would recommend? We don't get dinner in our price...only breakfast.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 06:32 AM

I did a tour in Salvador on my own, but I really recomend to you an organized tour. I believe you should select 1 day to enjoy this city!
Once I had dinner included I just ate at Marriot and Renaissance. One day I walked until Sofitel and find the menu of the restaurant very interesting!
You should try there!

Old Sep 9th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

thank you so much! Do we need to plan a tour for Praio do forte (sp?). Is there really alot to see there?

Also, did Marriott provide a bus or transportation to Salvador? Are there companies in Costa do Sauipe that has organized tours or should I look to book these before I go??
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 07:36 AM

Junkgalore, you can see the tours in Sauipe when you get there.
You don't need to go to Praia to Forte to do a tour.
There is a very special beach which is called Mangue Seco, that is awesome, but not very close to Saiupe, but worth a visit!
I found a site inenglish for Mangue Seco!
http://www.viagensmaneiras.com/viage...guesecoING.htm
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

dudi,
thank you for the link...it also had a short video montage of costa do sauipe. I guess now, it's just a matter of going and experiencing it for myself. Perhaps I will write a very detailed review once we get back.

were you there for vacation or business?
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 06:54 AM

On vacation!
Much better!
Have a nice trip! When are you going?
Old Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

we got home a week ago and everything was great! We had an awesome vacation and can't wait to revisit!
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 11:57 AM

The Marriott is beautiful! The beaches around there so-so. I stayed at Breezes all inclusive (which was fabulous) but I don't like all inclusives. I was there sampling as a travel agent.
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 04:44 PM

We are considering Costa do Sauipe and possibly Breezes as a "break" for our teenagers from going local. We may bracket some more Brazilian style accommodations in other Bahia areas with this venue. The attraction: activities and kids their ages (teenagers)and all-inclusive so little work for the parents. The concern, just like being in Florida at a high-rise hotel...not sure if anyone has a good answer, but any perspective would be appreciated. I understand the food (and drink) outside the hotels is reasonably priced so the high price of Breezes all-inclusive may not be justified... Thanks.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 04:46 AM

The good things: The hotels and beaches in Costa do Sauipe are lovely. If you go during the December - March period you will be pretty sure to have hot, sunny weather. If you go during Brazil school holidays (roughly mid-December to Carnval/Mardi Gras) you will find other young people vacationing with their families. There is a lagoon with jet-ski rentals, etc. I'm sure you can find someone to give surfing lessons. Because access to the entire resort area is restricted, it is a pretty secure environment. If you want to relax for a few days and if all-inclusive hotel food is fine (which I totally understand with teenagers) it could be nice.

The bad things: Because it is a restricted environment and because so many people come on all-inclusive packages (or at least breakfast and dinner included packages) a town has not developed there. Shopping is limited, restaurants outside the resorts are limited. If the kids get bored, there are no nearby movie theatres and there isn't necessarily any internet access in the rooms (double check with the hotel if this is important to you). But if I was 15 and met some cute Brazilian guys at the pool I probably wouldn't care about internet access.

It definitely isn't Florida, but it isn't Brazil either, it is more of substitute for an all-inclusive resort in Mexico or the Caribbean.