Grand Palladium Resort

May 29th, 2003, 10:28 AM
BrendaR

Grand Palladium Resort

I am interested in this resort (formerly known as the Fiestaval Grand) for a March '04 vacation. Thought I was sold on the Barcelo Maya Beach resort until I started reading reviews on this one. Anyway ... does anyone know what the "official" website is for the Grand Palladium? Thank you.

May 30th, 2003, 10:41 AM
me

www.fiesta-hotels.com
Have been staying with both companies before , I'd said the Fiesta is a better value than Barcelo.
May 30th, 2003, 11:09 AM

I am also interested in hearing more about this resort. Last year we stayed at the Bahia Principe Akumal and we absolutely loved it. On our way back from Playa Del Carmen one day we noticed this resort and thought we might like to stay there next time. We have been to the mayan riviera a few times and we love it but we always stay somewhere different than the time before. Always 4+ or 5 star resorts though. The Barcelo Maya is also very nice so I've heard.
May 31st, 2003, 09:48 AM

I vacationed at the Palladium (Colonial side) during the last week of April and first week of May this year. Absolutely loved it. The resort is fabulous -- food is great, gourmet restaurants served excellent food and attentive service. No complaints whatsoever. My son and his fiancee were married at this resort during this time accompanied by the wedding party and 20 guests. They all loved it and would go back in a heartbeat. The weather was very warm and humid (one day it reached 110 degrees) but the beach had a great breeze and there was lots of shelter. Not too much in the way of nightlife but we enjoyed sitting in the various bars listening to some music. After a long day it sure was relaxing along with the drinks! There is a fair amount of walking but there are covered walkways with various shortcuts and we found this extremely pleasant. The rooms are very clean and well appointed.
Aug 26th, 2003, 03:54 PM
BrendaR

Ended up booking at the Grand Palladium for a March '04 vacation. Thanks for everyones input.

Aug 26th, 2003, 10:12 PM

Hi Brenda - I know you'll love it. We just returned from a trip to the Palladium and loved it. You can get fantastic deals booking through an Apple Travel agent - much better than through the hotel's web site. Have a great time and request a 3rd floor room for the view!