Aventura Spa Palace...question?

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 02:48 PM
J.

Aventura Spa Palace...question?

My partner and I are planning a trip to Mexico at the end of January. We really like the sound of the Aventura Spa Palace. We are a gay couple in our late 20's/early 30', discreet, fun loving guys. We don't by any means flaunt our lifestyle, but I would like to ensure that the resort has a non judgemental atmosphere. We travel extensively and have never been harassed, but have also never stayed at an AI resort. Any SINCERE input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Betty

Hi, just a thought on your proposed vacation. I have stayed at the Bravo Club El Mandarin which is an Italian or Spanish resort on the Mayan Riviera approximately 15 minutes by car from Playa del Carmen. There is a shuttle which operates from the resort until 6:00 P.M. in the evening. A taxi costs about $10.00 U.S. This is a wonderful resort with great food, lovely rooms, etc. and a great staff. I don't think you would have a problem with your lifestyle at this resort (at least I would hope not). I am a straight female in my late 60's who certainly would not make any judgement of you and your partner). The property is quite lively at night although if you wanted to really party you would want to head into Playa del Carmen where there are many bars and clubs.

I am returning to this resort in April for two weeks as my son is getting married there on my recommendation.

The lobby bar in the evening is quite lively but I can't give you any info re the disco since I did not attend.

I hope you have a great vacation at whatever resort you select.

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 08:19 AM
J.

Dave and Betty, thank you for your advice...it's truly appreciated.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Jbro

We just returned from ASP last week. We did see several older gay couples at this resort who seemed to be enjoying themselves. This is a very laid back, quiet resort. I think you would be very happy with this choice. Be sure to visit Xphu-ha as well.

Old Dec 22nd, 2004, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi J,
Did you stay at Aventura Spa, and if so,did you like it. My partner and I were considering this resort. Any advise would be great. Thanks Brin