Gran Sole Real in Tulum

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Maryanne

Gran Sole Real in Tulum

We just returned from The Tulum area and the Sole Resort. Had the best time ever without one complaint. This hotel/resort treated us like royalty. The week went too fast. Went to the ruins in Tulum, Playa and Xel-Ha. Any questions, ask away. We'd be glad to help/answer.

The Lizaks'

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:16 AM
john

Hi,

Was all inclusive at Gran sole real worth it?

Good beach?

Close enough to PDC?

Good rooms?

No negatives?

Thanks for your help

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Jamin

Did you rent a car? Thee are 6 in our party. If so, where and cost.

Are the beaches near Tolum the best. We are staying in Quintana Roo, Royal Caribbean, so we would be about 1/2 hour away. Any suggestions?

Did you go to Isla Mujeres?

How about customs, was it easy? How did they treat you?

Old May 6th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Jamin

Did you hear about a death at XCaret. Have seen a post on this matter, very controversial.

Old May 15th, 2002, 01:20 PM
N

My husband and I are going in two weeks to stay at the Gran Sole and I am wondering what I should expect to have to pay for while I am there. What to people expect for tips?

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Maryanne

Sorry I haven't answered. We went down to the keys for some snorkeling. No tips are expected so it's totally up to you. The only person we tipped was the maid. The towel Sculptures left on our bed daily were great. The place was worth every penny. We had a corner room in the white builing closest to the beach. It was fabulous with a very private balcony. Beach and snorkeling right off the beach was great, as was kayaking. With the resort on your right walk down the beach away from the resort. There is some areas with alot of garbage-as this area doeesn't belong to anyone, so it's not taken care of. But get past that area and more unbelievable swimming areas. The homes are posted private, not the water.
PDC was about 1/2 hour away. We used taxi's to get around if we left the resort, except going to PDC, there was a free shuttle. The beach at the ruins too was excellent.
Make you reservations EARLY in the morning for the restaurants, spa and shuttle to get time/day you want. And John, no negatives except stay was too short. We'd go back in a minute. P.S. Carlos the one bartender was a howl. Get him to make you some Mayan Hot Balls, great drink. Have fun.

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Maryanne

Another thought for Jamin. Xel-Ha is better than Xcaret. I didn't hear about any death....what's up. And renting a car is too costly and tricky-crooked police....taxi's work great, no crooks all prices posted up front.