Reload this Page >

Xcaret and Xel Ha Entrance Fees

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Whitley

I'm planning a trip to Xcaret and Xel Ha in late June and am wondering about entrance fee, snorkel gear rental, all-inclusive packages etc. My kids are 15, 14, 12 & 11. Has anyone been to these parks recently and have tips on how to enjoy the parks and not spend too much.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Ana

Xelha best deal includes Tulum-Xelha. We only did Tulum with a guided tour. I can't recall the price now. We had gone to Xelha on previous trips, and at the time, didn't think very much of it.<BR><BR>Xcaret is a crown jewel of Cancun. You can take a bus out of Kukulcan Mall that will take you there. I don't know the cost since we rented a minivan for the 6 of us. A very good deal (paid 3 days and got 4 days rent). We found it easy to drive in the area. Good roads, very good signs to all the turist sites. We never got lost, and even visited Chich&eacute;n Itz&aacute; and the Blue Cenote.<BR><BR>The entrance cost P/P is $ 50 (we didn't have kids so I don't know if there is a discount, but it would probably only apply to your 12 and 11 y)and includes entrance to all the water activities, except swim with dolphins (which we don't approve of).<BR><BR>The river (a cenote) is great. The hotter the weather, the cooler the water. If the weather is cool, the water is hotter. That was the info. I got from one of the lifeguards. Take fins but the snorkel mask is optional, there aren't that many fish. If your resort/ hotel provides them, take them with you, or you would have to rent them at an extra cost. You put your belongings in a bag they provide for you, and you pick up at the end of the "flow (ride)". <BR><BR>There are also lockers (for rent) if you need to store stuff. <BR><BR>Xcaret has lagoons, natural sea water pools, snorkeling and flowing in an open river passing thru the mayan village. There are animals and butterflys. There is a 3PM horse show (race). <BR><BR>We ate some great hamburgers relaxing on the beach. There are also upscale restaurants if that is your choice.<BR><BR>There is an observation tower that was free when we went.<BR><BR>The best part was the nite show. The best seats are in the larger part of the rectangular theater.<BR><BR>The first part is the Mayan theme, with a ball (soccer style) game. Then the spaniards come, etc. etc. end of the first part. The second is based on all the different regions of Mexico, live music and singing. Costumes are beautiful and the $ 50 are completely justified.<BR><BR>The buses leave when the show is over, so you don't have to hurry and miss the show.<BR><BR>If you aren't renting a car, buses are very inexpensive. Fare is 6pesos = $.70 p/p. in the hotel zone, and 4 pesos $.45 downtown.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR>Ana

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 08:38 AM
maryanne

Best to the the all inclusive into the park. We LOVED Xel-Ha. Everything is included ie: food, drinks, equipment, lockers, towels etc. for around $50.00 per person. Don't know of kids discounts, sorry. Don't miss it though. You really don't need to go to both places, check out the web sites for these places. I can't think of a better bargain than to do the one price, that way everyone is happy, has what they want and can eat/nibble as they want, like kids are known for. The kids will also like the lazy river and water swings. Have a great time and relax, it's beautiful.