Four Seasons Punta Mita Advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After much research and debate, I booked one week in May 2007 at the Four Seasons Punta Mita. I enjoyed a stay at the Four Seasons Maui in 2005 so much that I am hoping to replicate that magic here. I will be traveling with my wife and two boys (6 and 8), as well as my mother and father. Any tips, advice, etc. on this resort would be greatly appreciated. I am considering the meal plan. Can anyone tell me if this is a wise choice, assuming I will eat most of my meals at the resort? My ressies are a family plan, which includes half priced children's meals, but I don't know if this applies to a meal plan. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 12:48 PM

I am sure you will enjoy it! We rented a car when there, it was cheaper than being chauffered, and an easy drive from the airport. We usually rent in Mexico, and have never had a problem...knock wood. It also made day trips easier, and we went into the little town of Punta Mita 2xs for dinners.
Can't remember the names of the restaurants, very simple beachside places which were enjoyable... lots of little restaurants lined up along the main street.
We didn't do a meal plan ... how much are they? We spent less on eating there than we thought we would, but then we're not huge eaters, we'd have a big breakfast, share something for lunch, and only ate once at the hotel (4 day trip) for dinner.
Hope you love it. The place is gorgeous, and May should be wonderful.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 05:48 AM

Four Seasons Punta Mita is our all-time favorite resort. We were glad we did not get the meal plan, keep in mind the prices are just for food, not any alcohol at all. When we priced it out we did not feel it was worth it and because we ate several meals off the resort (the little town of Punta Mita right outside the gates of the resort has several good restaurants)we made the right choice. What we did get which ended up being great for us was the "bed and breakfast" package. The breakfast buffet is incredible and served until about 11 or so every day. So we'd get up, have something small like a granola bar, hit the beach and then have an extensive "brunch" around 10:30, maybe a snack in the afternoon and then go to dinner. They also pass out lots of treats like fruit kabobs, sorbet, etc. We really felt we got a good value for our money with all the extras they throw in. We also bought drinks and snacks in town to keep in the in-room fridge and I would certainly recommend this with young children. All beverages are expensive, a diet coke is about $5, pina coladas about $11. The most gorgeous views and sunsets, incredible service, food good not great. Incredible golf. Have fun!
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both for the responses. It sounds like I will pass on the meal plan. Eileen, when you say "in town" do you mean Punta Mita? Also, did either of you have any issues with getting sick from eating in Punta Mita?
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 07:37 AM

No one in our family got sick from eating in the little town of Punta Mita. Doesn't mean it's not possible though; its always a good idea to bring pepto bismol to Mexico!
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 08:06 AM

Yes, we ate in Punta Mita and also went to Puerta Vallarta one day. I have been to Mexico five times and never had a problem -- here's what I do-- every day in the morning I take a big swig of liquid pepto bismol just to be on the safe side. I guess it works!
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 07:51 AM

We were there last month and it is the best resort ever!

The staff explained to us that they visit all restaurants they recommend to the guest and need to have some criterias in order to be in their list so let them help you with the restaurants in town.

Anyway, my favorite was Tino's we were there twice and PLEASE try the Zarandeado fish, that is the local dish, mahi mahi fillet in special spices grillen with local woods, mmmmmm.

Also, ask for mahi mahi ceviche, FRESH fillet not ground fish.

El Dorado is also good restaurant.

Rent a car, from the airport is aprox. 40 mins and the drive is ok, much cheaper than the FS shuttle. and then you can drive to the little town or go to Puerto Vallarta, driving to PV is easy just a direct line and then you turn back and that is it.
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 08:58 AM

I agree with renting a car. It's not a bad drive from the airport, and will save money.
Reading this again makes me want to return to the FS Punta Mita!!