Punta Cana all inclusive

Search

Punta Cana all inclusive

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2005, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Punta Cana all inclusive

I have looked at all inclusives in Punta Cana. One at the Paradisus says it includes all meals,drinks (including alcohol) and other amenities such as golf. Has anyone had any experiences with this deal? if so, what is not covered? Thanks.
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 07:14 AM

We travel using all inclusives with deals such as this all the time. We choose to do it for convenience sake, and it is a matter of preference. If you like to go out side of your hotel and explore alot and try off site restaurants. We like to arrive at our hotel, out our passports and wallets in the safe, and not have to take them out until we return home - TAHT is the convenience. You know up front what your trip will cost - except for any excursions or purchases you make during your stay.

That being said, there are not THAT many off site places you can go to in Punta Cana. You can book off-site excursions through your hotel - day trips or half-day trips. Don't get me wrong - people do travel this way, but you will need to research the restaurants and places in general.

Keep in mind when booking that a 4 star resort in these places is like booking a three star here in the states. The Paradisus is very nice - we just returned from a trip and stayed right next door. People that stayed there during our trip said they had a great time- and they were returning to Punta Cana for the 8th time!!!

Breakfast and lunch are usually buffet style - or beach side grill. There are lots of breakfast choices - omelet stations to pancakes and french toast and local style food. Dinner is buffet or at a la carte restaurants on the resort. Usually, the more a la carte restaurants they have, the more choices you will have for dinners- a buffet can get old after 7 days, no matter how much they try to vary the menu. Again - keep in mind - the food is not American, though they do try hard in most places. People who return from a trip and complain the burgers were not like home need to travel with a more open mind.

Check the ad to see if your the Paradisus offers domestic brands or premium brands of alcohol on the all inclusive plan - if you know that up front, you will not be disappointed. We are not big drinkers, so that is not a huge issue for us. If it is not part of the plan, you can get premium brands, but you will need to pay for your drinks.

Non-motorized water sports are included - kayaks, Hobie cats for sailing, wind surfing equipment are usually standard fare. The Paradisus does have a golf course adjacent - it sounds like golf is included.

In general, everything is covered except for excursions (which average $80 pp for a full day trip, some more, some less)and nny purchases you make. They generally provide transport toand from the airport, and it is always good to have a bunch of singles for tips for bellboys, maids, and bartenders, though it is not required. A few $$ goes a long way for them - and after what we spend for a vacation, what is an additonal $25-50 during the course of the week.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 06:22 AM

Try Secrets in Punta Cana.
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 11:40 AM

Kimberly; Can you expand on your experience at Secrets. We're going there in Dec and are hoping for a great time. Any do's or don'ts to be aware of?
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We stayed at Secrets Punta Cana two summers ago and loved it. Great pool, wonderful beach, good food and service. There are activities going on all day if you want to do something, or you can just lay around and do nothing. We loved out meals at the gourment restaurant off to the side of the lobby. They bring vendors in a couple nights a week, so you can do your shopping right at the resort. The stay includes one half hour of free horseback riding. If you want to do that, sign up AS SOON AS YOU GET THERE! It fills up quickly.
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 04:20 PM

We are major fans of Paradisus Punta Cana, staying there spring 2004 & 2005. The only reason we are not returning in 2006 is because we are booked for Paradisus Costa Rica. Click on my screen name to find my trip report for Paradisus. If you can't find it let me know and I'll forward it to you. Breifly stating, Paradisus Punta Cana has to be the best AI I have ever stayed at, and travel 2 times a year, always to AI so I've seen enough of them.
Take care, Lisa S
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 06:36 PM

Be advised that although you have been led to believe that "golf" is included, it is likely golf carts are extra and are expensive. They know no one wants to walk especially if you go when the temps are high so rather than a cart fee of $15 or so per person that you are used to, it may be 3 or 4 times that.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 07:17 AM

is it true there is a Malaria warning for Punta Cana? We were thinking of going but that made me rethink our choice!
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:38 PM

I recently went to an all-inclusive in Boca Chica (closer to Santa Domingo). It is true that meals and drinks, as well as some activities, are included, however, be aware that there are many other fees that are tagged on for things I would never have thought of--such as a $15 fee to replace the wristband that broke during windsurfing, or the $3/night fee for a lock for the room safe (add in that you HAD to have it for your entire stay), as well as exorbitant fees for phone calls, internet access, etc. We did enjoy our stay, but I also warn that near the end of a week-long stay, we got pretty sick of the same places, and often food selections, to eat. Having the option of going off the resort is something to consider. If I were to do it again, I would stay at one of the Hilton resorts for 3 nights, and then another one for another 3 nights, to break up the monotony.