Punta Cana - which resort?

Dec 9th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Original Poster

Punta Cana - which resort?

Me and my girfriend are looking to book a last minute get away to Punta Cana. I don't know anything about any of the resorts and were looking for advice. Basically we don't need super fancy, just want a nice beach, pool, and some cool drinks (Swim up bar a must .

This is not a diving vacation, but I would like to take a dive or two. Any advice, perferably in the middle range price wise for all-inclusive (3-4 star). I would like something that has as many activites on ground as possible - snorkle (is this possible from the shore?), kayak, parasail, jet ski, etc? any advice?

Thanks in advance
Dec 9th, 2012, 11:08 AM

Heading there for the first time myself-- tomorrow morning. After some research, decided on Iberostar Bavaro, AI, pools, swim up bar, on the beach; Buffet, different types of a la carte dining choices, hokey nightly entertainment. Will let you know how it was.
Dec 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM

Oh yeah-- checked it out on TripAdvisor. You should do the same.
Dec 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM

I’d look into the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana. I haven’t been there but I know a few people who have and they loved it. Great reviews on tripadvisor too.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Republic.html
Dec 10th, 2012, 07:22 AM

I stayed at the Majestic Elegance last year and did love it. It's not massive like some of the other properties. Great drinks, huge nice rooms...good food.. I highly suggest this property!
Dec 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM

We stayed at Natura many years ago. The grounds were kept up so nice. It was not a huge resort, but the entertainement was fine, and it was ok for a week. the beach had a lot of seaweed but it was cleaned up every a.m. and the room were very nice and clean. I am sure there r many new resorts but the price was right at the time. There is a site called debbiesdominican and you can find many reviews in which will help you decide.