Condo & cooking in Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for accomodations in CR that would allow us to cook as my husband as special food requirements. Is it possible to find a central spot in or around San jose and see the outlying areas by day? What are the neighborhoods of San Jose like???
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 12:23 PM

There are several apartotels in the San Jose area that offer kitchen facilities. For a start you can check out
http://www.sesteo.com/about.html
http://www.apartotelcristina.com/english.html
(Do a google search and you can probably come up with more.)

If you decide to spend some of your time in a beach area, you will be able to find places with the facilities you require. I know that in the Manuel Antonio area, there are various hotels and Condos with kitchens or kitchenettes.

raquel

Old Aug 19th, 2006, 01:29 PM

I would recommend something outside of San Jose, but near. There are some really nice little towns, many with new condos (perhaps for rent?) that would be less stressful than city living (and more scenic).

Heredia, Atenas, Santa Ana, San Joaquin de Flores, Santa Barbara to name a few. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how you would go about making contact with someone who could direct you toward these outlying areas, but it is something you might want to think about. And yes, this area is the perfect location from which to enjoy attractions in a large radius. Volcanos, Butterfly Gardens, Waterfalls, Orchid Gardens, gorgeous valleys, jungle, cloud forest, rivers for white water rafting, the list goes on. . . .
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 10:51 AM

Try VRBO - Vacation Rental by Owner - for a large list of available condos and other accomodations in CR and many other countries.
Good luck and have fun!
Old Aug 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM

Do you really WANT to be around San Jose, or do you think that is the only location where you could cook? We stayed in a Suite at the Lost Iguana in the Arenal area and in one of the Tulmar Bungalows in Manuel Antonio and both had small kitchens.