Notices

Ferry from Cancun to Cozumel?

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Teri

Ferry from Cancun to Cozumel?

I'm trying to get information on getting a ferry from Cancun to Cozumel. Is there one that goes directly from Cancun or do we need to go to Playa del Carma to catch one? Any help would be appreciated.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 12:13 PM
oleg

Yes, you will have to go to Playa de Carmen. The ferry is a rather comfortable ride, with soft seats and TV sets in the walls showing Mexican cartoons.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Karen

Here's the ferry schedule to Cozumel:http://www.travelnotes.cc/cozumel/links/arrive.html#ferry

You can take the Riviera Maya blue bus from the airport or from the bus terminal in Cancun town. The buses are very nice. It's cheaper from town and they run every 15 min. to Playa del Carmen. The ferry is just about 2 blocks away from the terminal, an easy walk. Bus from town costs 32 pesos ($3.20), from the airport it will cost about $7 and they run less frequently as shown on the website. From the Cancun terminal it takes about about 1 1/4 hours. From the airport it takes about 45 min.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Laurie

We took the ferry beginning of April. It is 160 pesos roundtrip - slightly more if you pay US dollars. We went to an ATM in town and received pesos getting the best exchange rate from our bank. Watch and see how smooth the water it. It was smooth going over but then a storm moved in and going back it was right out of The Perfect STorm movie. I was prepared with Dramamine - a must if it is rough. I had read to sit on top of the ferry if it is rough for less motion sickness. Thank God for Dramamine!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Laurie

The above post refers to the ferry from Playa Del Carmen to Cozumel.