Deciding on Next Trip

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Howard

Deciding on Next Trip

I am now in the process of deciding where to go for my next trip....which will be this fall (October or November). I had been thinking of a few places....Turkey, Italy, Mexico among others. I realized that of the places I was pondering, most were still in the World Cup chase.

So, earlier this morning I had this (crazy)idea - go the whatever country wins the competition. In general, I am willing to go most anywhere. Am I totally looney, or does this sound like fun???

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Susan

Howard, Turkey is amazing. We were there for a week in September 2000 and definitely will be going back. Airfare is high, but once there, it's inexpensive. To me, it seemed exotic. Beautiful beaches, very interesting ruins, great shopping. We loved it.

October would be fine. November would be cooler, and probably not beach weather. But it's a huge country and there's lots to see.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Howard

I have long wanted to visit Turkey. Would be going more for sightseeing than for beaches, so the cooler weather would not be a bad thing. Would not be going for too long..so would go to Istanbul and probably one other "home base" - maybe go down to Ephesus and around.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 05:53 AM
carol

don't miss turkey... especially central near capadoccia! incredible

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:24 AM
Susan

Howard, you had quite a long thread on this in the European forum! So with Brazil being the winner, I guess this now properly belongs in the Latin American forum! Are you going ahead with your plans?