Chichen Itza Tour from Tulum

Nov 5th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Chichen Itza Tour from Tulum

We'll be in Tulum (at Azulik) the last week of November. We'd like to visit Chichen Itza - does anyone know of a tour we can take - leaving in the morning and returning that evening? We could drive, but I expect we won't feel like it, although I know we would be better off controlling the timing ourselves. I'd appreciate any leads. Thanks!
Nov 5th, 2007, 12:42 PM

Azulik can probably hook you up with something - but it'll be very overpriced. Keep in mind that a car for a day is about $80usd.

Since we've only driven ourselves to Chichen, I haven't noticed any tours from Tulum.
Nov 5th, 2007, 01:37 PM

There is a one day tour that flies to Chichen Itza. However, it leaves from Playa del Carmen.
Nov 6th, 2007, 06:57 AM

you might enjoy reading this: http://www.locogringo.com/past_spotlights/apr2002.html
there is a tour agency in akumal called TSA, located next to akumal dive shop. they do a tour to CI, so you might contact them after you get to tulum.
you might have to drive up to akumal to join this?
the flight from pdc might be a good option though.

off subject, you might enjoy a libation (they do a dandy mojito) a/or meal (there is a salad with bleu cheese and pine nuts that is to die for) at mezzanine. you'll find it part way down the road to the left at the arch.
Nov 20th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! We will have a car, so I realize it's probably a waste to go on a tour, but I'd rather not do all that driving in one day ourselves, plus, we'd have to drive back in the dark and that's not appealing to me either. Thanks for the insight!
Nov 20th, 2007, 05:50 PM

If you have a car then it's best to leave early and arrive at the 8:00 opening time to avoid the tour buses. Along the way back you can stop inn Valladolid and have lunch/dinner. There are a few beautiful cenotes in the area along with the prison where there are hammocks for sale that have been crafted by the inmates. If you still want to hang out in the area try the site at Ek Balam north of Valladolid or Coba on the way back. Unless you are styaing for the light show at Chichen Itza staying there for the entire day is quite long. I've done the drive many times from PDC and we're usually back by 3:00 or so I also take a cooler with lunch/snacks/drinks.