casa las brisas or majahuitas?

Nov 15th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

casa las brisas or majahuitas?

Help: my wife and I want to go for our 1st anniversary to Puerto Vallarte for 1 week. We plan to spend half the week in P.V. and the other half in a more secluded beach hotel such as Majahuitas or Casa Las Brisas. Can people please recommend which is better?
Nov 15th, 2003, 03:20 PM
bquarre

I just "topped" a thread on the Caribbean forum that has a good posting about Majahuitas on it. It's called "Need Help/Advice". There are also many postings/reviews on tripadvisor.com about Majahuitas. Good luck.

Nov 16th, 2003, 07:06 AM

I hate to make it more confusing for you but I live here in PV. Majahuuitas is very pretty but I can tell you that Casa Las Brisas is OUT OF THIS WORLD. It really doesn't get enough publicity.

If good food is important to you ... this is the place. The service is also over the top.

It also puts you in a great spot for some great day trips.
Nov 16th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

What kind of day trips are available at Casa Las Brisas? That sounds good... We are thinking of spending 4 nights at Casa or Majahuitas and then 3 nights in Puerto Vallarte at Camino Real. Casa Las Brisas sounds excellent!
Nov 16th, 2003, 09:35 AM

A couple of my favorite little towns that are close are Sayulita and San Pancho. I love the beaches up North.

My absolute favorite tour is The Eleganz Catamaran. It is a beautiful 38' foot boat that you can charter for 4, 6 or 8 hours. You have to see the pictures to believe it. You have the boat to yourself with a great crew. They have snorkel equipment and a kayak. I'm not sure what time of year you are coming but it is also a great boat for whale watching. Check out www.anclatur.com. I know it sounds a little pricey but believe me...it is worth it.

Nov 16th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Wow! Sounds wonderful! Now I am wondering if we should spend all 7 nights in Casa Las Brisas or still spend 2 or 3 nights at the Camino Real as well? I thought it might get boring at Casa after 4-5 nights and that Camino Real has a lot to offer as well.... What do you think?
Nov 16th, 2003, 10:36 AM

I think it might be nice to break up the trip. It is a little bit of a drive to get to Downtown PV from Casa Las Brisas and you don't want to miss out on the chance to try some of the wonderful restaurants.

I was just at The Camino Real and the one thing I was surprised at was the property is a little run down. I did not see the rooms however.

If you want another option check out a condo in Old Town on Los Muertos or maybe a villa in Gringo Gulch.
Nov 16th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

I've heard that comment about Camino Real but overall people seem to say wonderful things about the place and location. I've heard that one of the two towers is "newer" etc... Hope to get a room there.... I also heard about some nice hotels in the Marina district but that location seems inferior to Camino Real location...
Nov 19th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

We have decided to go to Casa Las Brisas. The place looks awesome! I'm still not convinced on whether we should spend a couple of nights in P.V. though. What is so good about P.V.? I've never been there before- but people seem to love it...
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:54 AM

I had to get in on this was at the Camino Real in March it has a lot to offer greatest scenery nicest beach, the hotel is one of the first the rooms are ok not luxury but nice. Hotel may be a little run down but all in all it is wonderful in fact we are going to P. Vallarta next week just changed our plans to go to Fiesta Americana only because it is right in town and we wanted to be close to our friends. Don't miss P. Vallarta and don't miss the Camino Real Have fun
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:33 PM

We're getting married at the CR and then hopefully honeymooning at Majahuitas for a few days- tho now I need to check out Casa Las Brisas! It's true that the CR is not "luxury" and frankly I don't think the rooms in the Club tower, the newer one, are worth the going rate of $160 or so. They include buffet breakfast and balcony but from what we saw in the other rooms, it wasn't a huge diff.

Depends on what you're looking for, but I think it would be nice to break up the trip...PV is a beautiful town, w lots to see and do, so many delicious restaurants...that's my 2 cents.