Casa Las Brisas in Puerta Vallarta

Feb 19th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Casa Las Brisas in Puerta Vallarta

I'd love to hear comments from anyone who's stayed at Casa Las Brisas in Puerta Vallarta. It looks wonderful, but I can't find any first-hand information from anyone who's actually stayed there.

Thanks!
Mar 1st, 2003, 06:31 AM
ss

If you're referring to Casa Las Brisas in Punta Mita - it is sooo cool! Not for everyone, but the american owner runs a cool b&b way off the beaten path on a crazy dirt road (past the cows & bulls on the road) then arrive to a secluded lovely decorated b&b. Great bathrooms -all different. We stayed at the 4 Seasons around the bend in Sept '02, but went there for dinner 2 times and sent others.The food is super!
How did you hear about it? It's usually word of mouth.
If you're looking for tennis, lots of action this is not the place. It's a great place to go w/ 2 or more families and rent out the whole place or most of it.
Hope that's the one you were referring to.
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply! That's definitely the place. I found it on Karen Brown's Charming Inns web site. It looks like such an amazing place, so we went ahead and booked it before seeing any responses. It's nice to hear your recommendation though. We're mostly just looking for a place to relax, eat & drink well, and enjoy the pool and beach. I think this will be just the place. Incidentally, I recall reading that they can arrange for guests to play golf & tennis at the Four Seasons. I'll post comments when we return.
Apr 26th, 2003, 10:50 AM

Lifesajourney-just wondering if you made it to Casa Las Brisas yet;or if anyone else has!! Thanks!!
Apr 27th, 2003, 12:39 PM

The travel section of the NY Times has an article on Las Brisas today.
Apr 29th, 2003, 03:46 AM

Still looking for anyone who has stayed here,please!! Thanks!
May 9th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Susan - Thanks for your post about the NY Times article. It was nice to see how positive all of the author's comments were!

chetchy - I haven't yet been to Casa Las Brisas, but I'll post a review here after I get back.
Aug 21st, 2003, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Sorry for my much-delayed review of Casa Las Brisas, but here it is...

Simply put, we loved it! It's a boutique hotel that has the feeling of a very small, secluded resort. The owner & designer (who lives on site) has put so much thought into every detail, and nearly all of the furnishings & decorative elements are from local artisans. Every meal and all drinks are included in the nightly rate (which is surprisingly reasonable). Both food & drinks are wonderful and plentiful. The service is extremely friendly and professional. The nearby Four Seasons thinks highly enough of the restaurant that they recommend it to their guests for dinner. Note that the restaurant only opens its doors to a few non-guests each night at dinner. It's totally private other than that.

The only possible caveat is that it's kind of in the middle of nowhere (you have to drive down a couple miles of dirt road to get there). Great for peace, quiet and relaxation. Not so great if you're the type who goes stir crazy. Over the course of our 8 night stay, we only left three times: once to go to Puerto Vallarta for the day, another time for a snorkeling cruise to the Marietas Islands, and finally to visit the charming town of Sayulita. For us, it made for the perfect balance of relaxation and activity, but others might want to be in an area with more going on around them.

My only reluctance in recommending it is that I fear I may never be able to find available dates to go back again!