CASA CORCOVADO OR DRAKE BAY ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 09:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone highlight the differences between Casa Corcovado and Drake Bay Wilderness ?<BR><BR>Thanks for help.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

Anyone ??
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 05:11 AM

I have not been to either, but will quote from a guide from International Adventures Unlimited, who has been to both.<BR><BR>Drake Bay Wilderness:Cheesy, don't like the decor though the resort is set right on the bay. It claims to have a pool but don't be fooled it is just a reservoir for water from the bay that they pump into a pool like area on the property. Good spot for families, since there are mostly families at the resort. Don't expect any luxuries and none of the rooms that I looked at had mosquito nettting.<BR><BR>Casa Corcovado: In my opinion one of the better all around hotels. Good service, good food and a very pretty place. Rooms are comfortable and the people who work there are very pleasant. Great for families, couples or just a group of friends. It is not my cheapest recommendation, but if you want a bit of luxury in the jungle you'll find it here. (well, as much luxury as you can find in the jungle).<BR><BR>He also gave a short review for Lapa Rios, Aguila de Osa, La Paloma and Las Caletas. You can find his reviews in the post titled 'Living and Guiding in Costa Rica'. Last I saw it had over 300 post, so if you don't want to read through all those (althought it's GREAT reading for info on CR) post back here and I'll give you his info on these places.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 06:55 AM

La Paloma is expensive but worth every nickel if you can afford it. The sunset rancho has a view of the bay and cano island that is unrivaled! You feel like you're hanging right out over the bay.<BR>The food is great too, especially the desserts. It's just a very short walk up the hill from Drake bay Wilderness. Had drinks at Wilderness and took a look at the rooms. They are nice enough, ok, so if you need to travel on the cheap it's a place to lay your head. Problem with the Wilderness is the boats pass right by there going to the other hotels.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 07:24 PM

I have to add that Drake Bay Wilderness lies at the mouth of the Agujitas river, level with the shoreline. The spectacular sunsets and panoramic views are only experienced from a higher elevation.