casa andrea vs molino

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 03:02 AM
tiffany

casa andrea vs molino

Trying to decide on a hotel downtown. Can someone give me a recommendation on casa andrea or molino de aqua in relation to location, cleanliness, friendliness, etc.? Or, does anyone suggest someplace different?

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:17 AM
Susan

Those are two of my favorites (as you may have read from other posts of mine).

I stayed at Casa Andrea twice last year. It is smaller, more like a private home. She has 10 units (casita style) each with open air kitchen, beautiful patio & garden area, nice pool. Free coffee & rolls each morning at the palapa bar. The rooms don't have TV, A/C, or telephones. The place is spotless and has a wonderful atmosphere. It's 1-1/2 block from the pier at Playa Los Muertos. Prices around $70US per night for the 1 bedrooms.

Molino de Agua is a much larger property. It is in a large walled garden (former mango grove?) cornering both the Rio Cuale (river) and northmost part of Playa Los Muertos (beach). It has two large pools, a couple restaurants. There are 3 types of rooms, small cabins/cabanas, then ocean "view" which are a bit in from the beach in the gardens with nice 'Mexican' decor. Then the ocean "front" suites - larger rooms, slate floors, private patios, nice furnishings. I'm guessing but I'd say prices are probably about $65, $95, $150+ respectively.

I think you've already chosen two of the very best, but others might be Cuatro Vientos, Casa Amorita, Quinta Maria Cortez, Posada de Roger, etc. etc.

You can write me private if you want even more details regarding service, friendliness, exact location, etc. Happy to help.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 04:38 PM
bobbi

tiffany
I have not stayed in either place but have seen Casa Andrea and have heard alot about it. It is a lovely place, close to everything but just off the beaten track enough to be quiet. I would definitley stay there if we ever returned. I don't think you could go wrong to chose it. Good luck and have a great vacation.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Casa Andrea details

A few notes about Casa Andrea (these may be positive or negative to you just thought I'd give more details).

They don't except charge cards. You need to mail a deposit ahead, then pay in cash or travelers checks after you get there.

They don't have maids in uniform. They have a lovely staff of a couple women who clean rooms each day (mop the floor, fresh towels, clean the bathroom, more toilet paper, make up the bed) but don't change the sheets every day like a mainstream hotel does.

There is a charming palapa patio bar in the courtyard where they serve drinks in the evening.

There is a television with VCR and paperback book loan library in the common area off the pool. Also a coin-op washer, dryer, ironing board. The office has email and long distance over the computer available for a reasonable price.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 11:09 AM
repeat / suggested hotels

List for Tiffany:

www.casa-andrea.com

www.puerto-vallarta.com/posada

www.cuatrovientos.com

www.alegre-pv.com

www.zianet.com/corazon

www.casaamorita.com

www.quinta-maria.com

www.molinodeagua.com

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Jody

Tiffany, I stayed in Casa Amorita last August and absolutely loved it. If you do a search for "Casa Amorita" you can find my previous postings. I'd go back in a heartbeat.