Search

Cancun Palace excursions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 09:47 AM
Mary

Cancun Palace excursions

We are taking our girls, 14 & 16 to Cancun Palace resort for Xmas. We get 5 free excursions, but I don't know if we'll want to leave the resort that much. Anyone been on these trips and can recommend the best 3? Thanks. We enjoy water activities but also interesting sites.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 10:02 AM
me

you don't say what the excursions are but years ago we stayed at the sun palace and took the tulum and isla mujeres tours (we only had 2). We decided against Chitza Niza (sp?) because so much time was spent on the bus. The tulum trip was very good if you want to see mayan ruins. isla mujeres (snorkeling) was ok.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 10:33 AM
Mandy

You will love Cancun Palace. The Tulum, Xpu-Ha and Isla Mujeres are your best bets for tours and since they are included you should take advantage of them. Have Fun!

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Larry

Mary-<BR>My wife and I just returned from Cancun Palace and we loved it. Say &quot;Hello&quot; to &quot;Pinky&quot; the little bartender in the lobby bar. As for the excursions, I would recommend the Isla Mujeres trip. It is a nice boat ride to a small island off Cancun and there is a town with shopping, a nice beach (5 minute walk from the boat dock) and a lot of options to choose from when you arrive.<BR>You can swim with the dolphins (expensive, but well worth it!) or you can rent a golf cart and explore the island yourselves.The boat ride home is a lot of fun, with the crew doing all kinds of songs and impressions.<BR>E-mail me if you need any more info on the Palace resorts or Cancun in general.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Nancy

I would ask you to please not do the dolphin swim. They are incredibly cruel. I did it once and was sorry ever since. No matter how clean or nice it looks, more than half of the dolphins die within 60 to 90 days of capture. <BR>In order to make an informed decision, please visit:<BR><BR>http://dolphinproject.org/ <BR><BR>http://www.hsus.org/ace/11727<BR><BR>(The second site is the Humane Society of the United States' position on SWTD programs.)<BR><BR>