Cancun - JW Marriott

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Susan

Cancun - JW Marriott

I'm going to Cancun this Thursday with a bunch of girlfiends for 5 days, all in our late twenties/early thirties, I was wondering if anyone had any tips on good restaurants nearby the JW Marriott or any comments about the hotels?

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 08:27 AM
ann

hi,
stayed there this summer! it was very nice, our family was thrilled with our suite and the pool and the gorgeous ocean view. It is one of nicest in

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 08:29 AM
ann

oops! sorry 'bout that, accidentally pressed post before I was done! Anyways, the JW is fantastic, you'll have a great time. Go to downtown restaurants to eat! La Habichuela was our most memorable meal...

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Dana

I am planning a trip to Cancun and was wondering what the water quality was like, and if I needed to bring bottled water or not.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Zorro

Try sunday brunch at Maria Bonita. It's not very close from the hotel, but in Cancun nothing is far away (unless you go downtown). The brunch is a great deal that includes several good mexican dishes for a price that you will pay maybe for one appetizer and one entree at regular dinner time. The Brunch is only available on Sundays.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Zorro

Dana, you don't need to bring water, you can buy it there (same brands you find in US). Just don't drink water from the faucet and when you go to a restaurant ask for bottled water. Of course you still don't know where the water to make the ice is coming from, but what can you do, try to relax and enjoy the sun.