JW MARRIOTT CANCUN GOOD?

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Curious

JW MARRIOTT CANCUN GOOD?

we have been offered a very attractive nightly rate in April at JW Marriott (way under $100 a night). Should we do it? How much will it cost us to eat/drink in this hotel? Will total cost be still more than AI for 7 nights?

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Jean Valjean

The JW is MUCH better than any AI. It is a beautiful hotel with superior service. The rate you got is a steal.

I don't know if it will cost you more or not... to give you an idea, the breakfast buffet is around US$20 per person (it is excellent!), and a hamburger is about US$15. If you are planning to eat each and every meal at the hotel, it will probably be more expensive. If you go out a bit, it should be the same, or less.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:09 PM
ann

The JW is Very Good! The high season rates there can be over $300 for a room, so for that price, you can't beat it! We stayed there last summer and I dream of going back! By the way, thank you Jean, you were very helpful last year when I was deciding where to stay. And Cancun has such good restaurants (go downtown!) that to eat only at your hotel would be a shame...

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Gregg

We stayed next door at the Casa Magna MArriott and walked over to see JW. It is beautiful and very classy. Great location on the strip and a great pool. Fora great little restaurant in downtown Cancun - go to La Habichuela.

Old Mar 15th, 2003, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to decide between the JW Marriott in Cancun nd the new Marriott opening in St KItts for October 26-Nov.2 Any feedback on wich is nicer and what the differences might be?