Notices

peso or dollar

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 06:14 PM
michael freedman

peso or dollar

I have been in Cancun and PV and always used $$$'s. Now going to Mex. City and Zihautanejo- will I need pesos there-if so would it be wiser to get some pesos in US? Thanks.

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 11:56 PM
rquirk

I have never used pesos except for the small change I might get from a dollar in Mexico. I certainly spent dollars in Mexico DF and I was right in the middle - Hotel Washington just off El Zocalo. Carrying a very small amount of pesos $20 might not go amiss.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 05:51 AM
D

Get pesos, you will get a much better exchange in the interior of Mexico. There will be no rounding off due to dollars. A bank or ATM will probably get you the best exchange rate. If you fly into D.F. some of the exchange places might have a good rate too. The exchange is essentialy 10 to 1 now so the pesos will be easy for you to use.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 08:43 AM
peso

Even in Puerto Vallarta I always use peso. I get them when I arrive, changing at any bank or cambio window, or by using an ATM. Although US dollar may be accepted most place, you will get a better 'deal' using peso in most cases. Also it is my humble opinion, as far as graceful travel style, it is more polite to use pesos when in Mexico.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Nancy

I agree with "peso" that it is more polite to use the local currency and you can get better prices.
You can exchange wherever you are most comfortable and can get the best rate (US or Mexico).