Cancun Hotel advice for travel with kids

May 11th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Cancun Hotel advice for travel with kids

My travel agent hasn't been much help, so I'm counting on this site. My family will be traveling to Cancun for 10 days in June. I'm looking for a hotel in the Cancun area that is family friendly and has activities for my close to 3 year old and for my 10 month old (this is optional since I realize she's very young). My husband and want to be able to relax and rejuvenate, while our young ones have a good and safe time too. Any great hotels, sites to see, or other kid friendly recommendations?
May 12th, 2003, 09:13 AM

My suggestions come from friends of ours who have children. The Westin Regina and Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach are higher end hotels with children's programs. The beach is better at the Americana - much calmer surf too.

If those are too much for your budget, Crown Paradise Club seems to be an excellent property for the $$ with a kids club. I've never heard anything bad about the resort or the food there.

You might check with the hotel before booking. I'm not sure what the age limit is for the kids clubs - they probably start at 3 or 4 years.
May 13th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Original Poster

Thankss for the suggestions. I'll look into them.
May 14th, 2003, 05:48 AM

You may also want to onsider the PLaya Del Carmen area, about 40 miles south of Cancun. It has many all-inclusive resorts that are very family friendly. The Gala and Iberstar are both very popular. Thge beaches in PDC are also great.
May 14th, 2003, 07:08 AM

Crown Paradise Club in Cancun accepts children as young as 18 months into its Kids Club. The Gala takes kids 2 years and over. Your older child will be fine at either location, but I know of no Mexican resort that accepts children less than 18 months into any group program. You have to go to Jamaica for that.
May 14th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the leads. I'm was also advised on the Bahia Principe all inclusive resort in Playa del Carmen, does anyone have any info on this hotel? How about Fiesta American Grand Coral Beach - I've heard its a great hotel, but what about the kids programs?
May 15th, 2003, 11:02 AM

The Fiesta Grand Coral Beach's kids club minimum age is 4 yrs and up.
May 15th, 2003, 01:14 PM

hi,
Playa would be a great place for you to go with your kids. The Gala has an excellant kids proogram. You may want to check out www.mytravelboard.com and go to the Playa forum, they have all kinds of reviews on all the resorts in the Playa del carmen area. Or if you have any questions you can e-mail me at [email protected].
Happy Travels
May 22nd, 2003, 08:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I booked the Gala Resort after listening to all the feedback on the travelboards. I'm really excited and should be enjoying some PDC relaxation in two more weeks.