Cancun First Time Trip Questions

Apr 2nd, 2016, 09:10 PM
Original Poster

Cancun First Time Trip Questions

Me and my Fiancé will be traveling to Cancun this October for our Honeymoon. We are staying at Iberostar. This is our first time in Cancun and staying at an all inclusive resort. I have a few questions: 1. Are all the restaurants in the resort included in the all inclusive price? 2. Are the premium liquors included in the all inclusive drinks? 3. We are booked for a standard ocean view room, is it possible to upgrade for free or for cheaper cost the day of arrival? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Apr 3rd, 2016, 04:51 AM

There are several Iberostar resorts in the Cancun area. Which one will you be visiting?
1. All restaurants at your particular resort are included. I asked which one you are visiting because at the IB Paraiso complex the upper level resorts also have access to other resort restaurants there.
2. Not all of the IB resorts have "premium" liquor. You also have to ask for it as they usually don't have it displayed. The lobby bars are usually the ones that carry the premium liquor. It is part of your all inclusive.
Some wine is included but they also have an additional wine list for a fee.
3. Standard room should be fine. Usually there is very little difference. Mention in your reservation that you are on your honeymoon and you might get some extra perks.
Again, please let me know which particular Iberostar resort will be your honeymoon home.
Apr 3rd, 2016, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

We are staying at Iberostar Cancun. I didn't know there were so many different ones. I looked at my email and that's all they call the resort. That's great to know all the restaurants are included and the premium liquor. And we will probably just stay with the standard room unless we change our mind closer to time. Thanks again!
Apr 3rd, 2016, 10:36 AM

Not likely you would be upgraded for free, others are also celebrating honeymoons, birthdays and anniversaries. You can ask about upgrading either ahead of time or when you get there, and since October is a slow month you might be able to upgrade for a cost.
Apr 3rd, 2016, 03:07 PM

It never hurts to tell them you are on your honeymoon. Even if you don't get an upgrade, they might do something special for you.
There is only one Iberostar in Cancun itself, but there are seven others further south and also one in Cozumel.