Cancun resort in January

Nov 10th, 2003, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Cancun resort in January

My husband and I are planning a trip to Cancun in January and want a quiet resort for adults. I will be 6 1/2 months pregnant and want the all inclusive so I can sit and relax. I've read several posts and there are alot of different opinions?? Please help!
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:18 AM

the best resorts all inclusive that I have read about are the Royal hideaway in Playa del Carmen and Secrets Capri these are of the highest calibar and although they are not in Cancun I think the area is much quiter than Cancun
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:56 AM

Butsey's giving you good advice. If you want a quiet resort in Cancun itself, I don't think its a good idea to go all inclusive -- those hotels are usually the "party" places. Le Meridien, the JW Marriott are both beautiful resorts in Cancun that are more adult oriented.
Nov 10th, 2003, 10:41 AM

If you are wanting to stay in Cancun, the Omni offers one (if not the) best all inclusive option. The hotel itself is first class as is the service, the food and the beach. During January, it should be pretty quiet. We stayed at the Omni in October and it was very quiet. My dreams of relaxing were certainly fulfilled and were not interrupted by noise, parties or anything else, except the barmaid asking what I would like to drink!
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:39 PM

Good advice from everyone.
I also was at the Omni and the American Fiesta, both 4-5 stars and both excellent and quiet..no wild parties , at least not when I was there.
Percy
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:01 PM

I just got back from JW Marriott Cancun on Saturday and have great pics of the hotel rooms, and the pool and beach area. E-mail me if you are interested and I'd be happy to send them. The pics on the internet don't do it justice.
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:38 PM

I don't think the JW Marriot has an all inclusive option. The original poster is interested in all inclusive.
Nov 12th, 2003, 01:45 PM

I second the Omni, it was the first and last place I have stayed with a dozen in between. Always a fun/great/professional staff, good food, big beach with service.
Nov 12th, 2003, 04:47 PM

I've found the Riviera Maya to be a lot quieter than Cancun. Although I have been able to relax in Cancun, I prefer the Riviera Maya when I'm looking for a week to sit back and sink my toes in the sand. Riu Palace Mexico, Iberostars, Paradisus Riviera Cancun, Secrets Capri are a few resorts that I'd recommend.

If you're looking to stay in Cancun, look into Gran Melia, Omni, & Melia Turquesa (all with great all-inclusive plans)
Nov 16th, 2003, 02:44 PM

Royal sands resort

Message: I wanted to leave a post about this resort becuase I have started to see special travels deals to this destination in the Boston Globe!

Me and my wife went to the Royal Sands Resort and Spa last year, we could not find any info on it but the price thru Liberty Travel was too good to pass up ( $799, air and hotel one week)

On a scale of 1 to 10 ( ten being best) this resort rates 9, it was excellent! For starters it is practically brand new, on a fantastic beach and is within walking distance to Plaza Kukulcan! The attached spa is fantastic and well worth spending a few dollars on treatments!

The rooms, all suites ( one bedroom w/ separate living and kitchen) also possible to get a lock-off studio, thereby making it a two bedroom suite ( can rent studio also as seperate entity) all have balconies facing pool and ocean!

Rooms are immaculate, marble floors, excellent appliances in kitchen, excellent Pier One Style furniture ( wicker and soft fabrics) it looks like Martha Stewart decorated the place! Ceiling fans in living and bedrooms, central air! cable tv and phones!

Amenities: 2 or 3 pools, swim up pool bar, direct beachfront access, showers at beach to get salt off! lifegard on beach! cocktail service and waitresses on beach and pool patios! activities director each day does some group thing at 4pm, line dancing, games etc etc, large enough pool area that you can avoid the noisy area if you dont like it!

Food - on site supermart - small but packed with goodies, full ligour and beer and wine, meats, frozen foods, fruits, veggies, fresh bread and pastries each day! dont even need cash, use your Royal Resorts swipe card and tally your bill onto your room charge!

Dining - at least three places to eat, breakfast buffet was great, I usually hate buffets but this one was good ( we ate mostly in our room for breakfast becuase it was easier and the view from our patio was so nice! ( oh yeah - large, large patios, with heavy duty furniture, wrought iron furniture, extra heavy padding, easy to fall asleep in!) lunch from the poolside grill was excellent, basic but good! dinner we never tried, we always went out for that!

Well, sounds too good to be true right! There is a catch! The Royal Sands Resort and Spa is part of the Royal Reosrts group of properties ( in Cancun they have the Royal Mayan, Royal Islander and Royal Sands) they have one more property on some carribean island! This is a time share company, and the Royal Sands is their latest and greatest property, its not quite filled up yet so they are selling spaces to charter companies! this also gives them an opportunity to try to sell vacationers! the sales staff are extremely freindly and never over step their boundaries, but, the do want you to spend sometime with them, i guess you could avoid them but i decided i wanted to find out more about timeshare so i went to breakfast with a salesperson and we spent about 3 hours discussing ownership, for us it was not what we were looking for, about 25 grand to buy a week, we are not sure we want to coem to cancun every year for our lifetime ( i know you can trade the week off for some other week somewhere else) so we passed and they were gracious, im sure they will sell htem all, the place is a gem! so i hope this helps if you have seen any offers for the royal sand resorts, check it out! we loved it

Apr 15th, 2004, 01:36 PM

AORSARGOS: I'm interested in your photos of the JW Marriott as I will be staying there this summer.
Apr 17th, 2004, 02:16 PM

AORSARGOS: I am also interested in your pictures. I will be at the JW in June. Thanks!
Apr 17th, 2004, 04:02 PM

For a beautiful 5* hotel I'd suggest the new Riu Palace Las Americas. We stayed there for 2 weeks in Feb. and it was the perfect hotel to relax at. Everything about this place is 5*+.