Caetano Veloso?!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Patrice

Caetano Veloso?!

Do you know about this singer? He is in the movie "Talk to Her". I would love to hear him in a concert. Do I have to go to Brazil to do this?

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Don

Actually I think he just played in the New Jersey PAC in Newark. But Im sure he will be back again in the USA.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Patrice

Oh my, I wonder if he is on a tour and will come to LA! I looked at his web site and there is no mention of concerts.
I love this type of music!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:27 AM
Dilermando

Caetano Veloso is a major brazilian composer and singer. He, his daughter (Maria Bethania) and many others started a sort of musical revolution in the early 70's, a style nicknamed "tropicalia", which followed the "bossa-nova" wave. Most of his lirics are very original, very high quality. He is "bahiano", that means, natural form the state of Bahia, northeast of Brasil. Bahia is where african culture and values are the most strong, present and active in Brasil. All of his music and style are under the strong influence of african music and culture. Caetano Veloso and his mates are strongly revered here in Brasil, and abroad. If you liked Caetano Veloso, try Gilberto Gil, a composer as good as Caetano, and a much more gifted singer than Caetano. Maria Bethania, although not a composer, is a wonderful singer, full of expression, a voice that touches your soul, expressing anger, pain, joy, concern, every emotion. This universe holds some of the best lyrics ever written in our native language.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 05:00 AM
jill

To Dilermando...

Just a correction to your post above...Maria Bethania is Caetano's sister, not his daughter.

Caetano is wonderful in Concert.