Reload this Page >

Trip to Playa del Carmen/ cancun or Cozumel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Karyn

We are going next month to this area. We will be staying for 3 nights at the Gala Resort(AL). But I am not sure whether we should also stay some nights in Cancun or Cozumel. We are a family of 4- with 2 sons (11 and 16) and will be staying 6 nights total. Also, Should we rent a car? What is the best way to get from Cancun/ Playa del Carmen to Cozumel? Help! I need to decide soon.<BR>Thanks

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:20 PM
LIZ

If I had to make your decision, I'd stay at the Gala for your whole trip. I think PDC is a better family place. And you could take a day trip to Cozumel by ferry from PDC.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 10:42 PM
sabine

I would reccomend renting a car. Also, I would reccomend staying in PDC for your whole trip. Reserve your rental car before you leave for your trip. You will get a much better rate this way. Driving in PDC is easy and will give you a lot of freedom to explore all the wonderful places the area has to offer. If you must go to Cozumel, the ferry is in the center of PDC, you can't miss it.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 07:56 AM
dave

My family and I also 4 of us 2 kids <BR>15 and 18 will be going back to cozumel<BR>for our 3rd year. We love it there. We<BR>have taken the ferry across to PDC many<BR>times its just as beautiful.I would recommend you try 3 nights in cozumel.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Laurie

Why do you prefer Cozumel over Playa? How are the beaches at the resorts in Cozumel?

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 12:59 PM
dave

the waters are much calmer for snorkling<BR>plus taking a trip around the island on a moped or jeep is great. you can stop at many different sites rest.&amp; bars or just great cliff's over looking the awesome blue waters.playa has nicer beaches but rougher waters