Cozumel vs. Cancun

Old Apr 25th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cozumel vs. Cancun

My husband & I are traveling to either Cozumel or Cancun in May (first time). Which one would be the prettiest/most relaxing while still having some fun activities? Also, we are going all-inclusive on somewhat of a budget.

Thanks,
Cheryl
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 05:27 PM

We've never stayed on Cozumel - only visited there when staying in Cancun or Playa del Carmen. Cancun has prettier beaches but you can snorkel straight from the beach in Cozumel. If you are looking for busy nightlife and shopping, Cancun would be a better bet. If you are looking for charming and kind of laid back, Cozumel. I think this is why we like Playa del Carmen - it embodies everything we like about the Yucutan - great beaches, resorts, and is as laid back or as crazy as you want it to be.
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 05:16 AM

I agree w/MuyLinda. The Playa del Carmen area has everything. Xel-Ha, Tulum, & Xcaret are all very close and are great for first timers in the area. The shopping/dining/nightlife in Playa del Carmen is also great. You'll have plenty of time to relax on the beach at the resort. With AI's you might get bored after a while and PDC will provide a fun day out on the town. Enjoy
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 08:46 AM

You can always take a ferry over to Cozumel from Playa del Carmen to explore for a day trip...have fun !