Search

cabos san lucas in january

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cabos san lucas in january

as previously posted staying at the riu all-inclusive hotel. first time in the baja coast area. wondering if town is walkable or if there is a bus what bus to take to and from the riu. seems there are too towns to see. i was also told that alot of the beaches in that area are not swimable. are there any beaches that are safe? if so where are they?
we would really appreciate any input. thanks
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 08:31 AM

You should probably post this under the thread you already started instead of starting a new thread.
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 08:50 PM

I will be in Cabos October 4th to 10th. Does anyone know of any soccer game I can go to at that time in Cabos? Also what special things can I do in Cabos. We are three and are there good restaurants you can recommend and sights you can see. Are beaches safe to swim specially after the hurricane?
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Here is a link to our trip report:

http://www.fodors.com/community/mexi...s-a-report.cfm

There is a soccer field near the main Hwy and the turn off to Villa del Palmar. It is a local field.

The only swimmable beach in Cabo San Lucas is the main beach in town, Medano Beach. Most other beaches are very dangerous - undertow, riptides.

Check over at Tripadvisor for Los Cabos info. The forum there is much more active.

MY
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 06:56 PM

There's a public bus that connects Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. It runs regularly throughout the day and evening. The fare is 25 pesos and the travel time between the two towns is about 30 minutes. The thing is, most of the hotels on the corridor between the two towns do not sit right on the highway, so it's not like you walk out the front door and there's a bus stop. You could have a few hundred yards to walk to catch the bus. The hotel might offer a shuttle into town for a cost too.

I'm here now. It is so beastly hot. Come to think of it, the only times I've ever been to Los Cabos have been at this time of year. I'll have to come in January some year.
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 07:48 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Medano Beach in CSL is swimmable and a nice place to hang out in the beach bar/restaurants there.

Yes the downtown area in CSL is easily walkable once you get there - by taxi, shuttle, or bus from your resort. I would ask the front desk at your resort the various methods available, and what the approximate cost should be.

I never made it over to the second town, San Jose del Cabo, so can't help with that myself. But I assume it also would be easily walkable within the main area (again once you got there by taxi, shuttle, or bus).
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 02:48 PM

San Jose del Cabo is wonderful. Its city center is much more like a traditional Mexican town and it has some great restaurants. I'd recommend it to anybody.
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 09:59 PM

We just got back from Cabo and stayed at the Hilton on the Corridor where we swam in the ocean daily. The ocean was a gorgeous temperature and crystal clear.
We found the weather perfect, if in the shade.
Many restaurants were closed in San Jose because of the season but will reopen in October.
Visiting Cabo is always a treat!