Cabo or Isla de Mujers

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Beach Bum

Cabo or Isla de Mujers

Anyone been to both? Would like to hear your comments. Looking for a relaxing place to chill out and meet interesting people. Clean water, good digs, and food. Don't want to be hosed thru the Nose by rip off prices. Anyone care to comment on the Costs?

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Ally

I've not been to Cabo, but from what I've read on this board, Cabo is not for you. Very little good beaches for swimming (rough currents and rip tides) and high prices.
Isla has what you want. Beautiful swimming beach, good digs and food, and very reasonable prices. Check out
www.isla-mujers.net for good info on the island.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Ally

Ooops. That's
www.isla-mujeres.net

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Patty

Cabo is one of the most (if not THE most) expensive places to vacation in Mexico. I have not been to Isla but just in researching it, it seems cheap compared to other areas of the Yucatan.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 12:00 PM
LOVE that caribbean water !

You go to Cabo if you're a golfer or a fisherman. You go to Isla Mujeras/Cancun/Cozumel if you want clean, beautiful, azure blue waters and white fine sand. A friend of mine just finished investigating options in Mexico for her family's getaway next February. She's opting for the Le Meridien in Cancun --- it's only a couple years old and although a good sized hotel, not quite as large as other mega-hotels along the beach.

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 11:02 AM
beach bun

Thanks for the input I will check out the website.

Hey when I work all year and save up for a vacation I don't want to make another big mistake.

If a resort wants my business then as a tourist I want to be treated with respect. I don't want to pack the kids down on holidays and be inudated with beach vendors, hucksters, hookers, strippers and the trash that is attracted to such venues. I want to chill out and relax and not worry about who the kids are with and what they are up to.

Thanks again.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 10:24 PM
abby

Cabo is for drinking and scaming! Isla Mujeres is the most unbelievable spot-Try the Villa Rolandi for the best vacation you can have for the money. Dinner, breakfast and transpo from cancun on a private yacht are included. I am going back for four days in November. It is worth the splurge-The accomodations are amazing. Cabo is a waste of time.