Search

Cabo is great!

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2002, 11:04 AM
Angie

Cabo is great!

My husband and another couple just returned from our first trip to Cabo. We were very concerned because of all the warnings we read on this message board. We stayed at the Playa Grande resort and had the time of our lives!<BR>We did encounter our share of timeshare salesman and hawkers, but a polite no gracias will do the trick. We said no so many times that we ended up with $200 in U.S. dollars for a restaurant of our choice, transfers to and from the airport paid in full, a snorkel excursion, a "booze cruise", $175 off an 8 hr. deep sea fishing trip, a bottle of tequila, a mexican blanket, and free drinks at the Playa Grande pool bar. We did sit through a time share tour ( about 1 1/2- 2 hrs ), but our luggage was a day late in arriving and we figured we ended up with a good deal. You just must be firm in saying no to these people and they will leave you alone. <BR>We highly recommend Romeo and Julietta's Italian restaurant, Mi Casa, Pancho's, el Galeon, and The Office for enjoyable dining. The Office is definitely a party atmoshere and not for people traveling with children. We also had a great time at The Giggling Marlin and Squid Row. We all thought that The Cabo Wabo was over-rated, but played good dance music until the live band started playing. Of course, we are in our mid-thirties and not into the "club scene"-but I'm sure a younger crowd might enjoy the music.<BR>As far as prices, I thought everything was very affordable except for golf. If you are willing to pay $250 and up for a round of golf-go for it!!! The Playa Grande is a short walk through the marina and into town, so we felt no need to rent a car. We found plenty to do around our general location. We all felt safe walking around during the day and evening, but as anywhere else you travel you should be aware of your surroundings at all times. We did take a taxi on occasion, when we imbibed in too much tequila-but, we found we could pay $5-$7 U.S. for the short ride back to the Playa Grande. <BR>We had such a good experience in Cabo, we wanted to share it with others who might be headed down there. I'm sure there are horrible places and terrible things that happen in Cabo-just like anywhere else in the world, but the Playa Grande resort in Cabo can be counted on to offer a great time to be had by all.<BR>AND NO-I DID NOT BUY A TIMESHARE!!!!!

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:19 PM
Anony

Angie now let me get this story right.<BR>Your luggage does not arrive for a whole day and of saying no so many times you end of in a timeshare that very same day. SO IN DAY ONE HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU SAY NO????<BR><BR>Now let me get this right<BR>1. You get a free of tequila<BR>(th CHEAP STUFF ? dO THEY BUY IT WHOLESALE BY THE CRATE???<BR><BR>2. You get a free blanket to wrap yourself up in YOURSELF UP IN.,<BR>DO THEY BUY THEM WHOLESALE? what do you think it cost them $4.00 each???<BR><BR>3. $175 OFF deep sea fishing!<BR>{in boats they have preselected called timeshare boats by the local charters???<BR> <BR>ANY YOU MADE UP THE DIFFERENCE IN MONEY Am I right huh??????<BR><BR>{do you think what you paid could have been the full amount????<BR>Do you know if the Timeshare operaters contract how these boats for a specific amount????<BR>Do you think that the DIFFERENCE YOU PAID COULD BE THAT AMOUNT??? i.e THE FULL AMOUNT IS THE DIFFERENCE???HUH<BR><BR>I do not know the answer myself I just the questions.

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:23 PM
Anony

Now Angie you tell us you are in your mid thirties and not into parties yet you hit every bar in town. Am I right????<BR><BR>And imbided with two much tequila you and party can no manage the few walk to The Grande and pay what<BR>$7.00 on a Taxi!!!!<BR>to go how many blocks????<BR><BR>and NO SHILL ANGIE but your restuarant recommendations have been posted here a number of times. HUH<BR><BR>NO Shill Angie but why do I keep hearing a voice in my head saying<BR>HEY MISTER<BR>DO YOU WANT TO GO TO MY PRESENTATION????

Old May 31st, 2002, 08:28 PM
Nofriend of Shills

This 'handle' has been used before to shill the 'Cabo experience'-the poor shmcuk who dreamed up this Pendjada must be tired out/desperate/all of the above and more.

Old May 31st, 2002, 08:57 PM
Anony

No friends of Shills<BR>You are very observant.<BR><BR>Timeshare it is Beware<BR>Do a google search and type timeshare scams Cabo then go to Latin Trade open it up read "Timeshare Hell"<BR><BR>Then go to ABC news Diaz: 20/20 on Timeshare tricks of the trade<BR>"show them the best then sell the rest"<BR>to the left in right hand corner Diaz "more on the story"<BR>read the Claims and Realties<BR>"as an investment timeshare is as bad as it gets"<BR>easy to rent" not so<BR>Easy to resell" Not so<BR><BR>Then go To www.timeshare-guru.com<BR>don't forget the hypen<BR>and look up the resells<BR>Yes you can buy them for $1500. -$3500<BR>high season floating lots of years remaining.<BR><BR>