Search

Cabinas Playa Espadilla???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabinas Playa Espadilla???

Hi,

We're looking for a accomodations in the Manuel Antonio area for the first part of May. The Cabinas look perfect for our needs and the price is nice. I've googled high and low and can't seem to find much in the ways of reviews, either good or bad. Has anyone stayed there?

If there are reasons not to stay at the cabinas, can anyone recommend other accomodations in the area? We're a family of four looking for close proximity to both beach and forest. We don't need much in the way of ammenities; but we do need hot water, a private bathroom, and access to a swimming pool. I like what Costa Verde has to offer EXCEPT for the fact that beach access is a bit of walk (or so I've been told).
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 02:30 AM

Costa Verde would be a perfect choice for your family , its difficult to explain without you having been there ,but it is not a huge issue NOT to be on the beach . We were there with our 2 young kids and Costa Verde was perfect . Most of the nicer more upscale hotels were built on the hills , typically in the past most of the ones down close to the beach were for the budget , backpacker , crowd . Nothing is wrong with that , by the way ! and there are a couple of cute little spots , but even these are just a bit closer to the beach, they are not on the beach . Others might disagree , but it is nicer to be in the hills with the views (IMHO ) . Catching the local bus is very easy , flagging down a taxi etc. Thought you should know , just to help in decision making !
Old Jan 28th, 2005, 02:55 AM

Well ! Too funny , I decided to check out these sister hotels , and boy have they changed !!! My first two trips eons ago ,these cabinas were DEFINITELY a budget option !! They have spruced things up a lot ! They look like a cute option now , I only remember The Cabinas as they used to be so I cant tell you much about them . But again , not being super close to the beach here is no big deal , that seems to be the general consensus from most people . Faith
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Hi Faithie,

Thanks for your reply. Turns out the Cabinas are almost completely booked during that week by a large adult group from France. They had one standard unit left but I have a feeling it will be a bit noisy there....

We are thinking of splitting our time between Costa Verde and possibly the Hotel Verde Mar (unless that place turns out to be overrun). Anybody have good/bad things to say about the Hotel Verde Mar?

Thanks again!
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 12:29 PM

Does not seem to be a whole lot of info. on it , it is a cute place . I would spend the entire time at Costa Verde if u can .
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again Faithie,

Are there nature trails within the Costa Verde grounds or close access (walking access) to nature trails? We went to a beautiful lodge in Belize about two years ago and my kids had the best time just hanging out by our room playing with leaf cutter ants and other harmless creatures.

Thanks again,
Tim
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 02:05 PM

There are about 5 nature trails , of varying lengths and difficulty . And actually you can walk safely to the beach by using the little road on the property which comes out just opposite Karahes , then you can cut through Karahes to the Espadilla Beach and walk on the beach down to the park entrance etc. Dont worry , you will see the leaf cutters , bats , tons of birds , monkeys , iguanas , agoutis , and so on and so on , all around your room , your pool etc. , etc. Faith P.S. It is a perfect location with kids ! Amazing ! When we go back with our kids , we will stay there .
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again Faithie,

You've convinced me. We're looking into the availability of Studio Plus units in Building B. Thanks for all your help!

Old Jan 30th, 2005, 04:26 AM

Building B can have awesome views and overlooks the family pool . It is also fairly close to the restaurant , but not so close that it would be bothersome .Are u taking the children ?
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Yeap, this trip is for the kids as much as for us. Better than going to Disneyland every year, lets them see a bit of the world.

We'll be taking school work with us and have them write journals and read every day.

When they're older, we'll try more adventurous locations.

Thanks again!
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 09:43 AM

Thats exactly what we did , took them out of school . Bought banana paper , and little pens there , and they wrote in them as they pleased , we did not even ask . It was amazing , one day at the pool when it was surrounded by howlers making their incredible noise , my daughter looked at me and told me it was the best day of her life ! ( 8yrs ) This trip we did not do a lot of touring either , they do not like to drive long , and my son is just 6 . We would get up early , eat at Anaconda ( big portions , the kids can split ) , then we were in the pool by 8 , and would be out and packed with our backpacks to catch the bus for 9;30 or 10;00 and off to the beach ! ! Lucky you !
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Yeah, lucky us indeed. I try to tell me kids how lucky they (but they don't believe me). We will probably plan a few day trips. Perhaps to the Tarcoles crocodile tours up the coast aways. As I've found this board so helpful, I will post a trip report when we get back.

Thanks again
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 06:52 PM

Hi! We are going to CR this week. I met with our doctor and he insisted that we did not need anything other than updating my tetnus. I have had hep a & b because I teach but he said my husband did not need it. He is an old fashion family practice doctor but I am sorry I did not make him give my husband hep a just in case. We did get a prescription for antibiotics and nausea medicine to take with us just in case we need them.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 06:55 PM

opps! Sorry I somehow managed to post my reply in the wrong topic.