playa vancudo in costa rica?

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 06:32 PM
tash

playa vancudo in costa rica?

Hi everyone--just wondering if anyone can help me out. A friend is getting married in Playa vancudo (get to it by ferry from Gulfito) in December anyone know of this area? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Ally

Playa vancudo? This may be a beach, but not a town I've heard of. Any idea what town it's near or where they are staying?

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 02:03 PM
tash

no idea of the name of the town as I was just given these names. However, i do believe after you mentioned it that it is the name of the beach. They are renting out little beach side cabins. I guess the beach is not very big. I will post more info when I recieve it--hopefully I will have more details soon. Thanks for you help.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Terri

Tash: Do you mean Plaza Zancudo,which is near Golfito? If so, can't help other than to correct to spelling (we didn't make it down that far). My guidebooks refer to it as a popular black sand beach which is safe for kids and has good surf breaks on the south end. If you're so inclined, I would highly recommend Christopher Baker's Costa Rica Handbook, which gives lots of information about that area and places to stay.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 07:06 AM
Ally

Ah, now I know the area you're talking about. I've not stayed on Playa Zancudo, but a little further south in Povones. This area is very pretty with it's black sand beaches and plam trees. I don't think it's very populated either, so it should be very quiet and romantic. A good place to get away from the tourist mass. I'm not sure the area has much electicity, when we were in the area there was not much development and no one had electricity, except by generator, and solar but that was maybe 7 years ago. I'm sure it's 'grown up' a bit since then.